Bow buying advice.

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by primalpredator, Jun 28, 2016.

1. primalpredator

primalpredator Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hello everyone. I have about $700 saved up for a nice first bow. I went online looking for a bow but i am in need of information on how the bow should be setup. Other then the # what other information will I need.

2. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Best bet would be to find a local archery shop and try out a couple different brands to see what you like best. Then shop around.

3. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with this. You can get a good first setup for $700. Bowtech, Hoyt, Bear and several other companies make some good bows in the $400 to $500 price range and possibly cheaper. You might be able to find discount on anything they still have from last year in stock. Consider a used bow too maybe. I'd go to your local shop and tell them wha you have to spend. They will be the most knowledgeable on a setup that will work for you in your price range.

4. Western MA Hunter

Western MA Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    go to pro shops and shoot everything you can from all bow manufacturers and find what fits you best... look at prices and then compare online.