Mathews Halon 6 with 60lb limbs or Halon 7 with 70lb limbs

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by brentoverway67, Jan 17, 2017.

1. brentoverway67

brentoverway67 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Currently shoot a Mathews Heli-M with a 30in draw at 68lb. I am 6'5" tall. Like the Halon 6, but haven't shot the Halon 7 yet. Any suggeztions from other tall hunters out there? I mostly hunt from from 25ft elevated tree stands

Sent from my SM-G930P using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

2. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Being a taller guy, I would check out the Halon 32 in either the 6 or 7 inch brace height. I think being taller and a longer draw length you would like the string angle a little better being 2 inches longer axle to axle compared to the previous year Halons.

Either way, I would shoot them all first to really get a good feel.

3. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    ^THIS^ Take a look on Halon 32.

4. brentoverway67

brentoverway67 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, the Halon 32 felt pretty good. Have to try the Halon 7 yet, but might be going with the 32

Sent from my SM-G930P using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

5. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am 6'6" and shoot a 30-31" draw depending on manufacturer and pretty much anything under a 33"ATA is out for me. The string angles just get too steep and I can't get all my contact points down that I like. I have recently been able to shoot most everything from 4 of the main manufacturers (Mathews, Prime, Elite, Hoyt) and my favorite is the Elite Impulse 34. Next would be the Prime Centergy Hybrid, then the Mathews Chill X then I could throw about everything else under a blanket with the exception of the Hoyt Defiant bows. Those are junk for me. Nothing is in the right place for me on those bows. I haven't shot anything from PSE this year as I just don't like how they do business so I will never buy another unless something changes but their new cam system has been reviewing really well.