Coumpound bow for both youth and adult

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by scj6771, Feb 17, 2016.

1. scj6771

scj6771 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm looking for a compound bow that I can easily adjust on the fly for both myself and my 10 year old son, I would like to test the waters with him before I make a big purchase and for now it will be just target practice. Thanks for your time.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  2. illinibowhunter

illinibowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Have to suggest the mission craze. Super customizable and it'll work for both of you

3. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have purchased several over the last several years and agree the Mission Craze is a great option. I would also strongly suggest you look at the Diamond Infinity Edge Pro.

4. DeepSouthDad

DeepSouthDad Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know about the craze but I just bought a Bowtech fuel for my son. I'm assuming the infinite edge is pretty similar and the craze probably also pretty similar. I wouldn't buy one bow thinking you can adjust it back in forth on the fly. They are highly adjustable bows but going off how the fuel is built they have small Allen screws that hold the Mod on that adjust draw length and the limb bolts adjust the draw weight.

The problem with this is every time you adjust the draw length you run the risk of stripping out the threads and it also scars the cam a bit where you tighten it.

Just some stuff to think about when looking at them.

5. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    ^what he said^

6. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The Prime, G5 Radical is what my daughter went with to begin last year and we have been adjusting it easily and quite quickly but I don't think that I would try to adjust it quickly between two people.

7. william152016

william152016 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I think you can buy Genesis Bow for your son. This bow is the best compound bow used in national national National Archery in the Schools Program. Hope you can find the best compound bow on the market. Good luck !

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  8. happyhunter

happyhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Craze, no doubt.

9. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have to agree with the Genisis recommendation. For what you described as your usage plans. A bow like the Craze isn't going to work well. They are designed to grow with an archer not necessarily jump around between archers.

The Genisis on the other hand is designed specifically for target shooting by multiple archers of different sizes. It has a no let off cam/mod and can be drawn to mutiple draw length without needing to be adjusted with tools.

10. lgreenslade3

lgreenslade3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It's hard to share a bow. A big reason is you probably will have different anchor points and your peep sight won't line up on your setting vs. your sons. Unless you don't plan on using one

11. hicks917

hicks917 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I use a diamond Infinite edge its adjusts from 13-30 in draw and from 5 to 70 lbs

12. cjoh101

cjoh101 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    It's not going to be any fun sharing a bow, because every time you switch you will have to move the peep, re sight your bow, and set the timing each time. When I first got my Edge Pro it was set up too short for my draw length, and I had the poundage cranked down until I got some practice in. Everytime I adjusted the DL until I got it right it would throw off the timing on the cams. Just buy yourself a Pro and your boy an Edge and you can always sell the edge pretty easy if he doesn't show any interest.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk