Expensive accesories

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by Fadly, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Fadly

Fadly Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I currently use a Bear Encounter compound bow with the basic whisker biscuit and 3 pins TR sight. It's adequate, but after a while I feel frustrated by the lack of advance features and fine adjustments. I currently eyeing for a Axcel Accutouch sight and a NAP Apache drop away rest. But the sight alone is almost the same price as my bow. So what you guys think? Is it worth my money if I invest in this sight? or do you think that I can do just as well with a cheaper sight and I need a more expensive bow to match with the expensive sight?

2. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm using the Axcel Vision sight and I like it a lot. It's about $100 less and I find it to be a great hunting sight. I also use the NAP Apache rest and think that it is a good bang for your buck. I do think that upgrading would be great but you don't have to go as far as you were talking.

Getting new stuff is so much fun!!!!!

3. Fadly

Fadly Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm looking for a single pin slider sight with a dovetail mount that can also double as a proper target sight since I recently started to compete in local archery tournament. I currently looking at Axcel Accutouch Carbon Pro and Hogg Father. Can you suggest a similar but cheaper alternative?

4. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    HHA Sights.

5. Govtrapper

Govtrapper Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Any of the hha optimizers will do good for you. I have the king pin now an won't trade it for anything

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

6. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Trophy Ridge Clutch can be found forunder $100 on CAMOFIRE about 2-3x per week.

7. TKP030

TKP030 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    They might be expensive but they should hold up and you would be able to put them on a new bow if/when you would get one

8. DVO

DVO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bought my last new bow in 2013. The bow itself was $700. When I went to check out the total was $1700. I did get 6 arrows ($15 each) a soft bow case ($40) and a new release ($120) so after taxes I spent about $700 on a sight, quiver, rest and stabilizer.

First time in my life I had all higher quality archery stuff and it made a giant difference in my shooting. I went from getting nervous shooting at 35 not knowing if I would hit the target with my old rig to only wanting to shoot at 40, 50 and 60 because 20, and 30 were too easy.

9. Blarney22

Blarney22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Try buying used high end accessories, you can find then for almost half price if you look around.

10. BuffaloBill

BuffaloBill Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This. I upgraded my three pin Fuse sight to a MBG Ascent Ambush and my rest from a QAD Hunter to a Smackdown Pro for around $165 via the AT classifieds.

11. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    What type of tournament shooting? Reason being if you are basically shooting fixed distances, having the adjustable sight doesn't really provide any benefit that I can see. I would probably start first with upgrading of the rest, and seeing how that goes. You may discover that you can get by with a slightly cheaper sight.

12. Dawn Assassin

Dawn Assassin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sure it is... Whatever you say ;) your not fooling us HAHAHAHA