New to compound bows

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by leesanjoey, Jan 13, 2016.

1. leesanjoey

leesanjoey Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am new to the sport Im mainly a crossbow guy but I'm very interested in purchasing my first compound bow. I have 2 bows that I am considering purchasing, one is the stinger X by PSE the second is the Diamond infinite edge pro. I'm looking for a bow that I can do everything with archery, bow fishing, And a bow that is good for traditional deer hunting. I'm a normal guy with a normal paycheck and like a lot of us on a tight budget, and both bows are in my price range they both have two good package deals that come with with everything you need to get started,for like $530 those are really great deals in my mind. am I overlooking any other good name brands or package deals out there?

2. Alan Mcfadden

Alan Mcfadden Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am brand new to archery, never shot a bow until now....I got the diamond infinite edge with rest,sight quiver for 249.00 so gar I really like it....Not sure what the difference is between the pro and the edge

2015 Diamond infinite edge..
    new to archery
    new to deer hunting..

3. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Most all the companies make a highly adjustable bow like the Infinite Edge. Bear make the Cruzer, Mission make the Riot and on and on.

They are mainly marketed toward youth because they can adjust to a growing archer but that same design makes them very useful for an adult who may be looking for one bow that can do all things.

It can be set at 70# for an Elk hunt, turned down to 60# for a cold weather deer sit, or down even further for some bow fishing, squirrel and rabbit hunting or stump shooting.

You just have to remember that the sights will need adjusting each time draw weight is messed with and and arrow spine needs will also change.

4. SkyeRayne

SkyeRayne Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Alan,

I'm new to archery as well. The Diamond Infinite Edge is one of the bows I'm looking at. Where did you get it for that price?

5. Alan Mcfadden

Alan Mcfadden Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I got it at sportsman's warehouse.... if they are out can get at ****s for 299...when I got mine they said they was selling fast when sold 5 at once

2015 Diamond infinite edge..
    new to archery
    new to deer hunting..

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  6. cawwwrin

cawwwrin Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I went with the Hoyt Ignite package for $400 and I LOVE it. Now it's worth about $1000 after buying accecories but even when it was brand new it was perfect for any shooter in my opinion.

7. romannumal

romannumal Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am as well new to archery. I am looking at elite impulse 31 or a Hoyt defiant or nitrum 30. Any thoughts.

8. william152016

william152016 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    To find the best crossbow, some things consider when buying a crossbow as draw weight and the game you want to play : small game, medium game or big game.

9. 18andrew

18andrew Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Shoot the Hoyt powermax before you buy the Nitrum.. I went in with the mindset of buying a Nitrum until I shot the Powermax. It's my first bow and I absolutely love it

10. TheBeardedOneX

TheBeardedOneX Newb

Dislikes Received:
    for a few more dollars you can get a great bow in my opinion the PSE Brute Force. Retail $550 RTS package awesome for beginner or experienced archer. Best thing you can do is just shoot some bows at your local pro shop and see what one feels the best for you. Good luck

11. giant

giant Newb

Dislikes Received:
    mathews mission bows !!!!