Tree Stand

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by Vaughn, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Vaughn

Vaughn Newb

Dislikes Received:
    This will be my first year bow hunting so all of my stands are for rifle hunting. Could ya'll give me some ideas on tree stands that work well with bows? I appreciate the help.

2. Captn Kirk

Captn Kirk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    what kind of stand ? Ladder, climber or hang on

3. Vaughn

Vaughn Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Rather look for a hang on or ladder. Not too much for using a climber.

4. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Are you looking for advice on choosing a stand to buy, or stand placement for bowhunting vs. rifle hunting?

5. rsmith

rsmith Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Any treestand works well with bows, it depends on personal preference and what you feel comfortable with, if you feel comfortable on a 3 ft by 3 ft platform held on by a ratchet strap and you climb up it with pegs or a strap on ladder use a hang on. If you are a squirrel and like climb in use a climber. If you feel comfortable in a ladder use a ladder. This is a bold statement and we can't really see what you want out of this?? Are you talking about placement or what?

6. thirdhandman

thirdhandman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Rifle stands that are closer to where you expect the deer to be make good bow stands.

7. Vaughn

Vaughn Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry it took so long to reply. I've been working food plots. I guess I was looking for advise on which stand works good as far as a platform large enough to comfortably stand on. Looking for feed back on how secure the hang on stands are as opposed to using a ladder. Thanks for the comments. As far as what I'm comfortable with, that is unknown being I've always used ladders and used rifles. That's why the questions on what worked best for use with a bow so as to not have to buy several different stands to try out. I was thinking a larger platform was preferred by experienced bow hunters and worked best but I see it's all preference and doesn't make any difference to most. Thanks again.

8. benkfd139

benkfd139 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Vaughn,
    I'd say that use what you have and see how it works for you before going out and spending money on something that you'll find out later doesn't work. I prefer ladder stand (2 man), but that's me. Bigger platform and more room to adjust feet for stability. I'm also a bigger guy ( 6' and 290 lbs). Just my 2 cents for what it's worth. Keep us posted as to how things are going