Expensive sight and cheap bow

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by Fadly, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Fadly

Fadly Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm using relatively cheap Bear Encounter. It came with a Trophy ridge punisher 3 sight. The sight is adequate for my current hunting activities. But I want to upgrade to a better more expensive sight. Currently, I'm looking at Axell Armortech HD Vision Pro. So what's you guys opinion on this? Will the expensive sight on cheap bow worth the investment?

While on the issue, What's your opinion between Armortech HD Vision Pro with Trophy Ridge React sight? I kinda interested in the React smart pin technology.

2. TCprohunter

TCprohunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am using a Black gold rush sight on my PSE Rally. I really like this set up check them out

3. b_walte15

b_walte15 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If you plan on keeping that bow for a few years I would say its well worth the investment. And you can always use it on your new bow if and when you decide to get a new one. I don't know much about those sights though. I'm running a Spot-Hogg

4. bowhunter448

bowhunter448 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have an Encounter as well with the Punisher 5 pin. I started on an old Browning bow and our my sight and stabilizer on it. It made upgrading to the Encounter cheaper because I had purchased all my add ons separately. And it makes upgrades easier now because its a little at a time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Infuse 4G

5. b_walte15

b_walte15 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with wreckless448.. Just go a little bit at a time and it helps!

6. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I had an old PSE Deer Hunter before I bought a new bow. I upgraded all my accessories except my sight. When I bought my new bow I purchased only the sight. I see nothing wrong with upgrading accessories to expensive ones on a cheaper bow. The accessories can be transferred and as mentioned above you don't have to put all that $ out at once later on down the road.

7. beaubowhunter

beaubowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot the Axcel Armortech HD 5 pin and absolutely love it! It micro adjusts and is tough as nails. I also like to use a lens by Clear Targets. It is awesome! I have been shooting it for years and will for a long time still. Check them out, I know you won't be disappointed in their quality. Good shooting!
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396235043.996346.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396235056.280923.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396235065.384324.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396235079.687108.jpg

www.axcelsights.com
    www.clear-targets.com