PSE Brute X or Mission Craze ?

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by candleman, May 19, 2013.

1. candleman

candleman Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I can get the PSE Brute X in a 650 $ package from Hunter's Friend for my son. Comes with, well, everything I guess. The Mission I would have to buy everything separate though which gives him some more customization. He can get 15-17 full draws out of maybe 30 shots on his grandpa's 55 lb traditional bow ( last time I thought it was 40, but after we looked again it was 55 ) before his fingers give out. Hunter's Friend says it has a drwa weight of 30-70 lbs. If he can draw good on a 55 lb traditional bow, what does that transfer to in a compound bow ? 60 lbs ? 50 lbs ?

2. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I love my Brute X...but that is a high on the price. You can buy the ready to hunt for $499 about anywhere I have seen...cheaper than that on Ebay. I'm a PSE guy and this is my first Single cam bow...wanted one try one for a while. Looked all over and shot a lot...you get the MP cam, X-Force limbs as well. It shoots very good too...only around 6-7 fps slower than my buddies Heli'm.

The Draw weight is 50-70lbs....they are not correct on that. You can also get a 40-60lb one as well.

Here is an example of a set up one. That is a good place to buy from as well. Just do a search. for the weight you want.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PSE-ARCHERY...127?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f239087af

Last edited: May 19, 2013
  3. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    i think the brute is a better bow. imho

4. StringPuller#1

StringPuller#1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have the Brute X, it's a great bow :)

5. Pearce92

Pearce92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    my girlfriend shoot the craze and it is a awesome bow. i alomost got me one but mission come out with the ballistic and i bought it instead. i dont know about the brute x but the craze has a lot of adjustability and your son could shoot up to a 30 inch DL when he gets older and you dont need a bow press to adjust the DL or DW

6. xtreme16

xtreme16 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    the mission Mathews line is awesome. Cant go wrong with anyone of them!

7. Don't Poke the Bear

Don't Poke the Bear Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a mission craze and I love it. Has your son ever shot a compound bow before? if not, take him to a bow shop, talk to someone that works there, and have him shoot as many makes and models that cater to your price range and his size. Whichever make/model that feels most comfortable to him is the one you should buy for him. He's only 12, he has his whole life to upgrade and get selective with brand names

8. Montgomery

Montgomery Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Anything that seems fishy, probably is and you should steer clear!

9. Bow String Depot

Bow String Depot Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The Brute X imo.

10. okdeerhunter

okdeerhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    None of the above til he shoots all bows in your budget let him pick what he likes

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

11. richl35

richl35 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm sure you know this already being a member on this forum but don't ever expect to buy used bow from another person and expect it to work for your son. There's a lot of setup an adjustment that mates that bow to an individual person and their shooting parameters. Your sons physical attributes are going to require certain draw length, draw weights, peep sight location, etc.... If you do have the option to buy something new and customize it for your son then go that route. If I was buying a bow for my son I would not worry about the bows but the price you're willing to pay for one and I would have him try many different bows in that price range. In my opinion, and you know what opinions are like, the mission craze is a great bow that is very forgiving. It has over a 7 inch brace height which will make it very accurate for first time shooter Plus it is extremely adjustable in draw weight and draw length and when wound up will shoot over 300 feet per minute.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  12. OntarioOutdoorsman

OntarioOutdoorsman Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck shooting a deer with that kind of arrow speed lmao

13. CombatHM

CombatHM Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would take him to the bow shop and have him shoot both and see which one he likes better. Also if he is still growing I would consider one of the following bows as well, and their cheaper:
    Diamond Infinite Edge
    Missoin Riot, Mission Craze
    PSE Rally
    Bear Outbreak

Unless he is a full grown adult then get him measured, and shoot all the bows in the bow shop!