What does this all mean?

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by TRBrew, Mar 22, 2015.

1. TRBrew

TRBrew Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Howdy,

Here is a picture of what is on my bow, what does it all mean?

I guess I should clarify what everything means besides the Name and "Weight, Length, and String", all of these make sense. Does the Part Number mean anything?

20150322_114151.jpg

I got into Archery on 1 January 2015 when I purchased this used Reflex Grizzly from a guy leaving the area. A year or so prior to this I purchased my Daughter her Diamond Infinite Edge bow so she/we wouldn't have to purchase another bow because she grew out of it. At this point, SHE can buy another bow if SHE wants a new one...;)

Needless to say, I am a Newbie to archery and what I've learned besides this website and archerytalk.com has come from my daughters involvement in 4H... and the instructor sucks.

Thanks for any info!

Oly

2. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Oly...

IMHO - The p/n probably refers to the one designated for that particular part (that being the limb).

3. oldbowuser

oldbowuser Newb

Dislikes Received:
    the draw weight is adjustable from 60-70lbs and the draw length is adjustable from 27-30 inches. I'm new to archery myself, so I'm not sure what the rest of it means.

4. Pony30

Pony30 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Take the bow to a shop and get measured in properly. Really important that current draw length is is a fit for you. Also, bow will be most efficient at peak draw weight, but that doesn't mean that is a good weight for you. The weight needs to be comfortable and you should be able to smoothly draw the bow without tipping up or down. Most important figures are draw length, weight.