New to bow hunting !!

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by nightrider, Feb 7, 2015.

1. nightrider

nightrider Newb

Dislikes Received:
    hey guys, im new to the bow hunting world. although i've been a avid rifle hunter, i never got into bow hunting. however, recently i kinda acquired some land to use to hunt, and over the years there have been some houses built around it that im a bit sketchy on using a rifle to hunt it. so, i decided its time to start using a bow. this property is close to home about 30 minutes, so it will give great accessibility for the long bow season. i'll still make the drive to nw missouri for rifle season though. anyways, kinda getting off track, sorry!

so, ive been looking on craigslist for awhile and also been to bass pro and cabela's numerous times looking at bows. i am a left handed shooter and there doesn't seem to be a big selection for us southpaw's! and to get into a complete setup your looking at a pretty penny. well fast forward to today, i get on craigslist this morning and found a 2007 bowtech tribute in LH version. complete with trueglo quiver and illuminated sight, qad fold down rest, nice release, 10 redhead arrows, field points, rage broadheads, limb & string silencers and a plano hard case for $300 !!! i was kinda drawn to this bow it seemed, went to bass pro one last time to look and nothing seemed like the bow for me. so i went and picked it up from the guy. went back and bought a target, came home and started shooting. man im hooked!! i absolutely love this bow!! and after researching it seems as this may be a legend of sorts in the bow world? well, maybe not a legend but everyone on archery talk forum says its one of the best bows ever produced by bowtech and will shoot with the best. so i feel lucky to own it, and am ready to start scouting my spot and getting some food plots going and fill my freezer. anyways, i need to shorten up the draw lenght on it, its at 29" and i believe i need to be about 27.5"-28". does anyone know is the module that is in it for the 29" length can be adjusted down a bit, or do i need a new module? thanks guys, and i look forward to lurking around on here and learning about bows and bow hunting.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  2. davidingle

davidingle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to the sport and to the forum! Ive learned a lot on here I'm sure you will too

3. Bow String Depot

Bow String Depot Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Great sport and great forum welcome and get ready to learn!

Hutch

4. nightrider

nightrider Newb

Dislikes Received:
    thanks guys.

5. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to the site!

6. nightrider

nightrider Newb

Dislikes Received: