Feet and Hands

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by G-Dog, Nov 28, 2014.

1. G-Dog

G-Dog Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm certainly a new bow hunter. Here in IL it's typically 15-30 degrees. What are you guys using to stay warm!!!

I spent my last trip out scaring all the turkeys and deer away as I did cardio in my stand to avoid hypothermia.

GB

2. Ky Bob

Ky Bob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I use Hothands for my hands and if its really cold I'll also use a hand muff along with the Hothands. They make them for feet also but IMO they get too hot and my feet start sweating. For my feet I wear a moisture wicking liner and then a wool outer sock.

3. Eddie234

Eddie234 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I love my hand muff and hot hand packs, I just wear thin gloves so I need the muff. Good boots and thick socks are usually all I need for my feet. I wear a turtle neck when it's real cold and if you put a heat pack on both sides of you neck and on your wrist it helps a lot, it will keep warm blood pumping.

4. Longdraw

Longdraw Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just tried the Proflex insoles. They did warm my toes but don't last long and cost a bunch. If money isn't a concern then grab some. My boots got pretty snug with the inserts.

5. Ky Bob

Ky Bob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I forgot to add that Hothands also makes adhesive pads that you stick on the inside of your first layer and they work great by keeping the kidneys warm.

6. American Honky

American Honky Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hothands are a must. And definately buy the actual Hothands brand... the knock-offs are less money, but they take forever to heat up and they don't stay hot as long.

7. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Buy a nice hand muff and throw some hot hands in them. I use thermacell heated insoles which work well.

Tags: