fixed vs mechanical

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by zander4320, Sep 29, 2014.

1. zander4320

zander4320 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Guys should i get the Rage hypodermics or muzzys or something? i want something with true flight!

2. Backcountry

Backcountry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Another one?

3. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Looks to be that way. The search option is great and more people should use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Schuls

Schuls Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Broadheads are like bows, find what works the best for you and what you really like to shoot. And not to mention, doesn't matter what broadhead you use if you can't hit the vitals! Practice, practice, practice! Sure, it may take some time to broadhead tune your bow, but it's better than throwing a head on and hitting the woods and winging a deer and wounding it.

5. rsmith

rsmith Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Very true!! Use the search bar and search this topic, all kinds of stuff. I personally like fixed due to when the cut no matter what attitude they have, muzzy trocar fly true and good for me, so do nap thunderheads. Mechanicals fly like field points but also can and may fail.

6. Sidestravis

Sidestravis Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I shot a hen with a hypodermic two days ago and it went through both wings and dropped it. And I practice with the practice heads that come with them out to 60 yards

2013 Hoyt Charger
    5 pin IQ mini
    NAP Apache
    Fuse 10" carbon blade

7. jonroam88

jonroam88 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Broadheads

8. jonroam88

jonroam88 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am going to go on a bear hunt soon and am curious about a good broadhead

9. Schuls

Dislikes Received:
    jonroam, once again as stated....use the search feature. There are multiple worn out threads on who believes which broad head is the best. It's all personal preference, and if you don't practice/tune for them you aren't going to be shooting very well.

10. jonroam88

jonroam88 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    What's wrong with this chat or thread w/e you call it... The title is about broadheads. And i am well acquainted with my bow and her sights

Jon Kyle

11. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What?

12. jonroam88

jonroam88 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Yep

Jon Kyle

13. tfarah22

tfarah22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think what they are saying is this topic has been discussed many times on this sight. If you search for fixed vs mechanicles, you should get a few hits and can see what people have already said instead of having to say it again. Best of luck in your bear hunt.

14. jonroam88

jonroam88 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Fixed or mechanical ... The two types of broadheads. So I ask a question and dude pretty much tells me to go somewhere els..... Right some ppl are fine with just talking about hunting but I live it and I'm upping my game literally and I had a question. Thanks for answers but you can keep the aht . (*** hole tendencies)

Jon Kyle

15. Schuls

Dislikes Received:
    Or you can drop your little attitude and use the search like Oly mentioned. This topic has been beat to death on here.

16. jonroam88

jonroam88 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    If you don't hunt why are you on this forum. My question was to an highly experienced hunter that has had a successful bear hunt, and what broadhead fixed or mech they would recommend. Not to some ****** with a toy dog. Now that's obviously not you so don't bother with a post, especially if your tired of the subject.

Jon Kyle

17. jonroam88

jonroam88 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Now someone recommended the buzz cut... Any thoughts?

Jon Kyle

18. rsmith

rsmith Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Here's one, when you ask for advice and someone gives you some, take it. You never stated about being on a bear hunt and can't decide which broadhead to use. Do not bite the hand that feeds you, expecially on your first couple posts. Take a deep breath, calm down and rethink about what you are saying. Now some advice is that I personally would rather used a fixed blade on a hunt like this due to the fact that it is a bear and it is a lot bigger than a whitetail or mule deer. The option is up to you on what to use but a fixed blade would be a great choice. But you ever stated that you had any fixed blades in mind, what were you looking at?? G5 montec's are great, magnus snuffer ss's are great, muzzy trocar a are great, and nap thunderheads are great. Now maybe do some more research on them like blade sharpness stern them, peoples reviews on the broadheads, excetra. I really can't believe how immature you are acting though, you really need to think about what you say before throwing a tantrum and expecting things done for you, it doesn't work that way around here.

19. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    No need to be a **** and calling someone out who you have no knowledge of is just stupid. You're obviously not getting the picture. The search tool at the top of the page can be used to answer the question. It has been answered a ton on here before. Plus you're hijacking someone's thread, so why don't you just start your own if you want to know what BH will kill a bear. I'll tell you now he answers are going to be very similar.

20. jonroam88

jonroam88 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm a big fan of the g5, I am a little concerned on the cutting diameter though. Also I am brand new to an app like this so who knows where I posted about this being for an up coming bear hunt. Tantrum.... Really man? And I respect just about all that you said and how you said it. But let's just keep personal opinions to ones self and stick to facts . Ie what works and what doesn't, that's the reason this forum was started I believe to share knowledge and info on like minded topics, so me getting this app and joining this topic is part of me doing my WORK and prep for this hunt.

Jon Kyle