Land Owners Found Easlily

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by konrad, Sep 23, 2014.

1. konrad

konrad Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am starting work on finding a place to do some archery elk hunting in Washington State, for next year, in a fairly heavily populated area. There is a game management designation where I am considering however, most of the property is privately held.
    My questions are:
    1. What is the most effective (read “easy”) way to find the owners’ names so that I can contact those folks regarding herds and gaining permission to hunt? I have seen the advertisements for the Garmin GPS device. I have one for my truck and it works great.
    2. Does anyone have experience with devices like this designed for hunting applications?
    Thanks,
    Konrad

2. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You need to find a GIS site for the area you are hunting. Use the map on the site to select the parcel and it will give you landowner info.... It is like an advance platte map.

3. sego

sego Newb

Dislikes Received:
    There is an app for iPhone called "On X Maps" that shows property lines and owners. Doesn't work everywhere though.

4. JJD

JJD Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    They sell a chip that fits into many Garmin GPS units that used to be called Huntingmaps GPS may now be x maps Shows you who owns any parcel of land on the GPS and is fairly accurate and can be updated on almost a yearly basis.
    [URL="http://www.huntinggpsmaps.com/"
    Or Go to the county seats assessors office and they will help you find them. Some countys have this on the Web and they are normally pretty easy to use.
    Good luck