Newbie post with some bad news about father-in-law

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by simo4181, Sep 17, 2014.

1. simo4181

simo4181 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey everyone. I'm a newbie and look forward to learning what I can from you all! I was hoping to learn more about bow hunting from my father-in-law, sadly, he fell from his deer stand on 8/30. He fell 30 feet. Yep, 30 feet! He was airlifted to the hospital 80 miles away and has been in ICU since then and it appears he will be there for another month or so. There's all kinds of trauma to his body. His kidneys just started functioning again and now his body is filling up with fluid making the doctors put two chest tubes in. It's sad to see him like this but we're thankful he is alive at 65.

If you're feeling up to it, I'd love for you to read about his story and to spread word about him.

Fundraiser link: http://gfwd.at/YTDKfc

We have a fundraiser going on but it's slow. Thanks for the support.

On to the positive stuff. As a newbie, do you all suggest I go to my local hunting shop to find public hunting clubs? Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  2. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    WELCOME simo :wave:
    So sad to read about your FIL... terrible tragedy. Praying for his recovery. I'd say instead of going to your local hunting shop - stay by your wife and support her during this tragedy she and her dad are experiencing.

3. Mywaytotalk

Mywaytotalk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry about your FIL. What a great sport this is but family will come first during a time like this.