Dxt or monster 7

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by Brandon42166, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Brandon42166

Brandon42166 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am upgrading from my entry level bow and going buy a used bow found these two for cheap....I want a tack driver ...accuracy is probably my most important aspect but I do like the ideal of a flatter trajectory ...I want something that holds on target good ...what should I go with? Or should I bite the the bullet (arrow in this case ) and buy a new heli-m ,dna sp or creed xs ...or etc? Thanks for all your opinions in advance ...mostly bow hunting but might get into 3-d to help improve my skills

2. frantzracing0

frantzracing0 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    In my opinion, I would get the new creed out of the bows you mentioned. But take a look at the Mission Ballistic. Very accurate and the same cam system of the monster series of bows. I just bought one after shooting over a dozen different bows including the creed xs. Creed is a fantastic bow but was out of my price range. The ballistic was smooth, very fast and quiet as heck. I actually prefered it over the Mathews ZXT.

3. bgusty

bgusty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I would shoot all of them and then decide. If they fit you, and you like the way they shoot, a deal is always a good thing. I got a great deal on my 2012 Helim used when everyone went to upgrade to the Creed. I got my Helim used bare bow for $500. Had I bought the Creed, bare bow it was selling for like $900. With my Helim I bought new arrows, broadheads, lighted nocks, HDX dropaway rest, and some other things and still walked out cheaper than just buying the creed. If you are getting a really good deal on the Monster (which would probably be my preference), you have to ask yourself is whatever new bow worth more than the monster plus all the goodies you could get with that extra money. If you do decide to bump up to a brand new bow, I would just wait until October, because it sounds like Mathews is releasing some sweet new bows.

4. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure where your from, but the shop close me has the Creed for $849 and the Helim, which "IMO" is a better bow for $799. Both bare bows and new in Lost camo.