bear attitude rth

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by cwsallen47, Jul 4, 2014.

1. cwsallen47

cwsallen47 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm some what new to bow hunting I have shot bows for a while but never harvested a kill with my bow. Right now I have a old BEAR that is about 15 years old that was passed down to me. I'm looking to upgrade to the BEAR attitude RTH (ready to hunt) has any one used this bow before and is it forgiving for a some what new hunter?

2. cwsallen47

cwsallen47 Newb

Dislikes Received:
  3. bowhunter448

bowhunter448 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have the Encounter, which is last year's model. I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Capt Don

Capt Don Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I just bought the bear attitude rth package and really like it. I've been away from archery for about 35 years. Bear is really a class company. I over bought on the bow due to some bad advice and got the 50-60lb bow and called Bear in Gainsville and explained my problem and they asked me to ship it to them and they swapped out the arms for 40-50lb ones and now it's what I wanted. Shoots nice and I'm getting it sighted in and when I get good enough, this fall I want to go hog hunting.

5. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Are you sure 50-60lbs is to much for you? For hog hunting I would say learn to shoot it at 50lbs and build up from there.

6. victoryhunter

victoryhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bought the attitude a few months ago and I am very pleased with it! It's plenty fast, powerful, and dead in hand. This is a very solid bow. I bought the ready to hunt package from Hunter's Friend, best price you will get anywhere.

7. subielgt3429

subielgt3429 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just like some others here I just purchased the attitude through huntersfriend and so far I love it.
    Great price and shipped out very fast. Very fun to shoot plenty fast enough. Can't wait to take it in the field to harvest a deer.

8. hugger73hatch

hugger73hatch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot a Bear Charge and love it. Started bow hunting about 4 years ago. I have a couple of buddies that kind of turn their nose up at bear....but I don't care...it works for me. Plenty fast and accurate and they are really making some nice bows IMO.

9. Shooter88

Shooter88 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I just bought the Bear Attitude RTH, and shot it for the first time this past weekend. Once I got my grip, posture all figured and made some minor adjustments to the bow itself, I was shooting 1 inch groups from 20 yards. I consider that not bad at all considering this was the first time I have ever shot a bow of any kind as I am of the rifle type. I plan on shooting every weekend before deer season starts in September.

10. CJW8

CJW8 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am late in the game and have never bow hunted. I got an Attitude 60-70 last year for Christmas. I primarily wanted to have a chance to hunt if I do not get drawn in AZ. I have not shot since I earned my archery merit badged in boy scouts in the late 60's with a longbow. I have practiced a lot in my yard with the Attitude and am hitting 4-5" groups at 40 yards. I really have nothing to compare it to. When I first started shooting it, it was cranked all the way up and I could hardly get it over the hump. When I did get it drawn, I was very shaky. Arrows were mostly in the hay and not in the target. I took it to my bow shop and he cranked it down to 53lbs and it is much more manageable. Even though it is 60-70 lbs. He kept turning it down paying attention to how many threads were left engaged. I do like it but I do not have anything to compare it to as I have not shot any other bows. The RTH accessories are ok but I have since replaced the sight and stabilizer with upgrades. I believe it is considered hard cammed because it is rated at 320 FPS. I think this means the "hump" last longer thus making it a little harder to get over. I knew nothing before getting this bow so it has been a learning curve for me. There are a lot of good reviews on this bow for the price point. It also seems very quiet but again, I have no comparison. Good luck on your decision.