before i order

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by aaron86, Jun 18, 2014.

1. aaron86

aaron86 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    alright so before I order my first compound I wanted to post on here to see what everyone thinks about what I have picked sorry if it looks a bit confusing I doing copy an past direct from the website im 5.9 with a draw of 28" I figure a 60lb should be just fine for me

1 of Bear® Archery Attitude Compound Bow Package - Right Hand - 50-60 lbs.

1 of BlackOut® X5 Envy Carbon Arrows - 2" Blazer® Vanes - 400 Shaft - 6 pack

1 of T.R.U. Ball® Desperado Bow Release

2. tfarah22

tfarah22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Have you ever shot this bow? Are the arrows coming pre-cut with inserts and field points? First think you will need to do out of the box is tune the bow, if you bought this through a shop they will probably do it as part of the puchase. Good luck

3. aaron86

aaron86 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    you know I completely forgot to check if they are pre cut and I don't have a arch shop near me it doesn't appear that they are precut I can always drop the arrows from elsewhere can you suggest a place to order precuts

4. aaron86

aaron86 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    sorry im ordering from bps

5. aaron86

aaron86 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    ok I actualy found pre cuts on bps site if I am rembering right since im going to be pulling at 28" I should be looking at 29 for arrows right?

6. Rampaige

Rampaige Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Your arrow length will depend on draw length and rest location. Some rests sit father forward or back. You may need a 29" arrow, you may beed a 27" arrow. My arrow length is actually shorter than my draw length because of where my arrow rest sits. You won't really know until you're all set up with your rest. It's possible there's someone with the same bow, draw length, and rest that can help you figure it out ahead of time. Do you have a BPS or any kind of store that sells archery equipment anywhere near you? Even those box stores are better than ordering from online with no experience. Tuning a bow will also tough if you don't have a bow press or experience tuning.

7. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You can also call some archery shops and see if they will set up the bow and cut the arrows to fit it properly and have them ship it to you.

8. aaron86

aaron86 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I found a place local outdoors shop that I never even knew did archery turns out their is a whole bother area in the back lol anyways I got the bow and it's all tuned up just practicing at 20 yards right now think I'm doing good minor in adjust grouping in 3 inch area right now but it's getting smaller

9. KjKlump

KjKlump Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Glad it worked out for you, hopefully this shop is a good one. If it is reward them with your business.