Error in Form. Ideas?

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by Lady Liberty, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Lady Liberty

Lady Liberty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ok, here's the deal:

3 shots @ 15 yards... dead center bull and stacked up practically in the same hole. TWICE.

3 shots @ 20 yards... 1.5" to the RIGHT of bull and stacked up practically in the same hole.

3 shots @ 20 yards... 1.5" to the RIGHT of bull and stacked same as above. Consistent, but not what I'm after.

Now that sounds like an issue with my form rather than the sight needing adjusting. Any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong if I am a lefty shooter and slightly pulling to the right?

Thanks!

2. charness0001

charness0001 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    adjust your rest, sounds like your center is off. if you know its right then its hand torque.

3. charness0001

charness0001 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    look at the easton tuning guide, section on walk back tuning. thats basically what you just did

4. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sight is off. Adjust for the furthest distance and recheck the closer. If off at the closer then your centershot is probably off. Or your canting the bow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

5. Lady Liberty

Dislikes Received:
    Ok. Thanks guys! I have a new NAP Apache drop away coming in the mail was well as tools to install it and check center.

6. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I would make sure you know what your doing before installing those. You know how to tie the serving? My buddy just had his installed last week at the shop and well worth the $20.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

7. Backcountry

Backcountry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    $20? Yikes.

8. tfarah22

tfarah22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with what was said above. Do a walk back tune, what you would probably see is that the farther you went back the farther your shots would hit to the right. Meaning that your rest and sight are not aligned, but the arrow is intersecting the sight picture at twenty yards and then continuing off to the right. But with the new NAP apache adjustment is super simple. Just make sure that you get your bow tuned up right before you start trying to adjust your sights to much. Otherwise you will keep fighting it. Good luck

9. Lady Liberty

Dislikes Received:
    I hadn't got quite that far yet... I have the tools and materials to line it up and get it centered. I do have serving materials. However, I have somewhere I can take it if I need to. Thanks for the heads up!

10. SPOTnSTALK

SPOTnSTALK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Grab a dozen arrows and head out to 40 yards. Make it happen there and if you have 10 arrows left run up to 20. put a glove on your hand.

11. Lady Liberty

Dislikes Received:
    I have been shooting with light UA gloves on since day one as the weather is miserable here--STILL! I did well having the gloves on and so I left them on.

12. Lady Liberty

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I did end up heading back to the archery shop where I bought the bow to get the NAP Apache served in... however, the first thing they noticed is that I'd be hitting my sight every time I loaded an arrow (arrrrgh!) I felt so dumb not noticing that on my own. Guess I was sticking the arrow in through the front and back into the nock??? Not sure on that. But anyway, good news is they were able to help me get a new left-handed QAD Ultra Rest installed and served in... as well as my peep sight. Brought it home and worked to sight in the first pin at 15. And it is shooting beautifully.

Attached Files:

13. Lady Liberty

Dislikes Received:
    Today I was shooting my feathered Epic's and I really liked the way they were flying as well...testing out the 3" versus the 2" feathers.

14. Lady Liberty

Dislikes Received:
    Ooops...forgot the pictures.

Attached Files:

15. SPOTnSTALK

SPOTnSTALK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Great Job!