New in New Hampshire

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by Terps2016, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Terps2016

Terps2016 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm from NH and I'm trying to get into bowhunting, but the only thing that I'm missing is a good place to hunt (really important I know). I've got some prospects for hunting on friend's land but I'm working with small acreage or public land generally. Anyone have any tips or advice for hunting these types of areas? Anyone from New Hampshire who could give some more ideas of where to go?

Anything is appreciated!! I just want to bowhunt! :)

2. Fuzz_27

Fuzz_27 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome!

3. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to the site!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

4. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome!

5. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    welcome to the sight. one of the best ways to find public land is to contact your state natural resouces dept. they will give you info on seasons and land available including private land leased by the state. Also I recommend going knocking on doors with land. Dress appropiately and suggest doing a little work for hunting rights. You'd be surprised what you might be able to get to hunt on with a little sweat equity. I snow plow a guys driveway in the winter for free, in return I have exclusive rights to hunt 80 acres. good luck hope this helps.

6. dildargee1

dildargee1 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I watched the video you sent me and it is very helpful. I've looked over the bows and their strings and they all look to be in good shape. I also think I may have found a store that might help me learn how far I can draw my bows. I'm going to invest in a bow stringer, and wanted to ask, what is a reasonable price for a stringer? Also, how can you tell the difference between a recurve bow stringer and a longbow stringer? I've been looking on Ebay, but I don't know if the listings are good deals, and also if they would work for our recurves, and my two longbows.

7. Bow String Depot

Bow String Depot Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome aboard Neighbor!
    Where are you located in NH? I am in the middle of the state Gilmanton.

Hutch

8. American Honky

American Honky Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    When you're on public hunt a place that's a pain in the a$$ to hunt... long walk, can't get there by truck, on an island, etc. The majority of public hunters are either lazy or don't have the time to get to these places, so consequently there usually is far less pressure.