Kansas Deer Hunting

Discussion in 'General Classifieds' started by ksmoboy2, Aug 25, 2016.

1. ksmoboy2

ksmoboy2 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I tried to find rules about what or what not to post but didn't see anything about informing the forum of a hunting opportunity we have on our farm. We have acquired some strip pit ground in Southeast Ks. and would love to entertain a group of 3 bowhunters in November. This is not a guided hunt... not an outfitter business... A buddy and myself just want to provide a great hunting opportunity for a few good people on the land. We hunt and fish too but just do not have the time to get out as much as we'd like so we want to open this up to some fellow bowhunters. Stands are in place... feeders are up and running... contact me if you are interested

*To the Moderator... If I violated a rule I apologize in advance but I didn't see "forum rules" anywhere....

Thanks

2. ksmoboy2

ksmoboy2 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    WE have space available for some great hunting... Unit 11
    I can set you up with guide or unguided
    Its getting to be that time of year!

3. HunttheWind

HunttheWind Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Both of you two men are stand up hunters. My dream hunt is Kansas, Saskatchewan and Iowa. I'm the bling about starting to buy points for Iowa come next season.

4. lowery23

lowery23 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Are the hunts still available

5. realunlucky

realunlucky Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Can you explain how a non resident can hunt with going through the draw process? My buddy invited me to hunt his farm this year but it was already passed the application period so I was told when I called it was impossible

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

6. HunttheWind

HunttheWind Newb

Dislikes Received:
    You've gotta send in each year for points unless your going through an outfitter then you can get a tag. Takes 3 years to get the required amount of points to get a tag.

7. realunlucky

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks not to derail but is 3 points pretty standard or does it vary by unit? Is there units you can draw with no points still?

8. realunlucky

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry for the distracting op sounds like your doing a good service

9. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Lots of confusion in this thread... pretty sure one guy OP and possibly realunlucky are talking KS and the other poster IA. Yes you must apply and draw for both states. Most IA units requiring 3 points to draw. MOST all KS units will not require points to draw for Archery tags on most years with a few exceptions of course. Outfitter hunt or not in KS you must apply in the spring and draw in order to hunt. Fairly certain that goes for IA as well...

10. ksmoboy2

ksmoboy2 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Now is the time to get started on you Kansas hunt. You will need to apply by June. We are in unit 11. If you do not successfully draw you can still usually purchase a left over tag.
    We are already taking bookings for the prime weeks
    Km