Team 5 Check-In!!!

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by NC_Bowhunter, Apr 4, 2012.

1. NC_Bowhunter

NC_Bowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Guys!! Time to check in for Team 5!!

My name is Josh and I will be hunting mostly in Southeast NC. I love to bowhunt so hopefully I will be able to knock a good one down for the team!! Good luck to you all out there. Make sure to read the rules of the contest. Especially the scoring and pictures part. They will not deviate from the rules. Anyway, I know this is going to be a blast so let's have some fun!!

2. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey how's everybody doing? My name is Jake and I'm ready to smoke a big longbeard with the bow. I will be hunting in Southeast MO. Still got another week and a half before the season opens, but they have been gobbling their heads off here so far. Looking forward to knocking down some turkeys and having some fun.

3. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Turkeys

Same here snake....Youth day is this Saturday and then the regular season opens the following Saturday... I am so ready man!!

4. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Me too. I took my cousins kid last weekend and got to help him take a nice bird. Just as much fun as if I had got it myself. I'm hoping to help a few other people this season take their first birds as well, so it will be fun regardless if I get one or not.

5. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That's right man!! I feel the same way....Our limit is 2 and I usually get at least one but it is so gratifying to help someone else get one.....Hopefully the rest of our team will check in lol...

6. NebBowhunter

NebBowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Guys-My name is Shannon and will be hunting Eastern Nebraska. Season started here a couple of weeks ago but I haven't been able to drop one. I'm hoping this Saturday will be the day. Good luck to you all.

7. D&T Outdoors

D&T Outdoors Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in, hope everyone has an awesome Easter

8. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome Shannon and D & T!! We had a great Easter D & T!!

9. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    If you guys have not already please pm the members that havent showed up yet! Im trying to get all the spots filled and have some alternates chomping at the bit for a spot if we have no shows! Thanks
    Crick ​

10. NebBowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    PM sent to Born2Hunt

I sent out a PM to Born2Hunt this morning. Is anyone having any luck finding the long beards? I went out last weekend and had some around me but it was opening day of youth shotgun so they were getting all the action. Which is great for them and bad for me.
    Good luck

11. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Longbeards!!

I sent Born2 Hunt a PM two days ago and still have not heard back from him...

NebBowhunter, so far I have definitely found some birds. Unfortunately for me so has some other people that hunt all around me. Luckily I have several locations to hunt so I am not to worried. I am actually going to a friends hunting camp this weekend for opening weekend so I should stand a good chance of shooting one. Hopefully I will get us some points on the board.....

12. Born2Hunt

Born2Hunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm here i havent been on computer we just got down moving and we are finally getting settled in my hunt isnt until the end of april so i hope im still in

13. NebBowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys, it looks like we have a full team. Welcome Philly. Good luck to everyone.

14. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome Born2Hunt!! Good luck out there man!!

15. Born2Hunt

Dislikes Received:
    thanks guys im sorry for the delay but like i said we just got done moving and i just havent had time to check this anyone of you guys had any luck this year

16. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that I killed a nice bird here opening morning. He was triple bearded with a 10 1/4", 6 1/2", and 4" beard, weighed 19lbs. 11 oz. and had 1 " spurs. But I killed him with a gun because I was trying to double up with my fiance. But I will be headed out again next Monday with bow in hand. I will either kill my second bird with a bow or eat my other tag. It looks pretty good right now to at least have a chance at another gobbler so I think I will be able to put some points on the board next week maybe. Good Luck!

17. NebBowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Jake-Congratulations on the kill. It sounds like a great bird. I promised my 6 year old son I would take him hunting so I will also be taking out the shotgun for a weekend. Good luck on your bow kill.

18. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Snake

Yep, that definitely sounds like a great bird!! Triple beard.....I have never seen a double beard in person. Hopefully we will all get as chance this coming up weekend...I probably will not be able to go until Saturday so will see..

19. Born2Hunt

Dislikes Received:
    Alright i took a nice tom this morning unfornately with my shot gun.....24 pound turkey over 1.5 inch spurs 2 beards of a total of 21 inches of beard...I took it in to the taxidermy and im gonna get a full mount of it flying it was a really nice bird for my 3rd year of turkey hunting...I think this bird will be a tough one to beat....i put the numbers in for scoring wise and it would have scored over 98 with my knowledge . Well i hope you guys had some luck

20. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats. Sounds like an awesome bird. I got my second one yesterday. I ended up getting to hunt a total of 2 days for the whole season. I guess I'm just lucky that I got a chance to fill both my tags on those two days. I'm really sorry that I killed the second one with a gun but that was my second and last chance to hunt for the season so I had to improve my odds. I feel like I've let the team down but I just wasn't gonna have a chance to hunt anymore. Hope everybody is having a good season.