ATV Disc

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by mobowhunter14, Mar 25, 2015.

1. mobowhunter14

mobowhunter14 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Has anyone had any experience with using the disc attachment from impact implements for ATV's? I already have the hitch system and the blade but looking to get the disc attachment for doing my food plots with. If anyone has using this product any feedback is greatly appreciated.

2. anthonyzink

anthonyzink Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't got to use this yet but from the videos I watched this should work out nicely![​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. scoot12

scoot12 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have the above implement called the groundhog max, its great for about 3/4 of an acre or smaller. The key is to get everything killed with gly prior to discing. Start so you groundhog max digs in a little until its the area is tore up. You can then lower it to dig deeper and the faster you go the better. Scoot

4. anthonyzink

anthonyzink Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    thanks for that info!!! I'm ready to go out and give it a try!!!

5. trvsmarine

trvsmarine Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I also have the Groundhog Max. Have been using it for three years now on my sportsman 700. Just like scoot said you need to spray the area good with weed killer so everything is dead. Make sure you watch the videos and study them well. All machines are different in they're height. I have seen several guys online mostly facebook using the groundhog the wrong way and not getting good results. Lucky for them I noticed the things they were doing wrong and I contacted them and helped them out. I would post some of my photos of disking and how my 6 - 1/4 acre plots have turned out but my phone wont upload the photos for whatever reason p.o.s ! Anyhow I have never used a big pull behind atv disk but I can tell you if your doing some small kill plots up to say 1/2 acre the groundhog is a beast !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk