Frigid Forage Plot Screen

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by PlotWatcher734, Jan 16, 2015.

1. PlotWatcher734

PlotWatcher734 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I was wondering if anyone has used Frigid Forage plot screen or any other plot screen seed blends? I usually plant a couple acre food plot of Buck Forage Oats here in Southern Michigan. I get a lot of deer into the plot but mostly night time movement. I'm interested in using a plot screen to provide some cover/security and am hoping that improves the daytime movement. Thanks!

-Nick

2. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm planting Cluster Duck or Blockade from Plot 1 Seed around the edges of my plot this year. Never done it before but looks like it will be awesome for ground blinds.

3. ChuckC

ChuckC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    We have used sorghum for plot screens before around hunting plots and it works great. Gives them that secluded feeling on the edge of a much bigger field.

Attached Files:

4. boonerville

boonerville Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've used it before...it worked great for me. Most of my spots I wanted a screen permanently so I replanted with CRP....corn also works well

5. pastorandrew

pastorandrew Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It is awesome for ground blinds! can also use it to make deer go where you want them to!

6. PlotWatcher734

PlotWatcher734 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Great idea for a ground blind! I mostly need it because my food plot is about 100 yards from my house. The activity from the house makes the deer skittish during daylight hours. Back in the day the entire plot was corn which was ideal, but the deer hit it so hard it was not financially worth it to the farmer to continue to plant it. Hoping a plot screen improves my luck, thanks for the info!

7. pastorandrew

pastorandrew Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It absolutely will! I use plot screening down the middle of a field just dividing it off from the road traffic and house traffic, the deer feed behind it fairly comfortably then go through it to the main field after dark.

8. Scrapelinehunters

Scrapelinehunters Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use sorghum, Egyptian wheat or corn for screening. All three work well but of course you'll need a planter for corn and you can broadcast the egytian wheat and sorghum.