Whitetail Institute No Plow

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by JHobson17, Jan 8, 2015.

1. JHobson17

JHobson17 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys I am new to Food plots. I have been told that Whitetail Institute NO PLOW is awesome stuff to plant in late summer early fall. Has anyone ever used this?

Please gimme your opinions.

Thanks

2. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, it's decent stuff based on my experience with it. Nothing is "fool proof" of course, soil PH and fertility is still important.

3. Xoutdoors

Xoutdoors Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Its one of the best no till seeds that ive known. I liked it because it has more brassicas than ryegrass.

4. BigPhil_H

BigPhil_H Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am also new to plots. I made my first one in the spring of '14 just in time for turkey season and it turned out better than did the same mix during the fall. But that could be due in part I didn't blow the leafs off of it haha. Overall, my deer and turkey seem to like it

5. C0wb0yChris

C0wb0yChris Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I never used the Whitetail Inst. No Plow, but I tried the Antler King No Plow, last summer and it never did establish, for me. If I would have prepped a good seed bed then it would of. I just racked the area and threw down with lime and fert.

My advice, prep the seed bed, along with lime and fert. You'll have a much healthier food plot.