Food plot resources

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by frantic29, Dec 11, 2014.

1. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    What are some good learning resources I could use for food plotting. Specifically no till food plotting. I have found a couple things on web sites was wondering if something more exist out there. I'm a true beginner on this so I don't know one technique for another and most of what I have read assumes certain knowledge that I don't have. Have had a garden before but outside of that I haven't ever even planted a patch of grass. A book or a couple books would be nice to get me started. All I have is my phone for Internet so a book would be little more user friendly for me.

2. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Watch Deer Hunting Videos. Free. GrowingDeer.tv

They have a book for sale on there too. I've not read it but Dr. Woods is top tier in my opinion and knows food plots so I'm betting there's lots of info in that book you'll find useful. Other than that there are all sorts of youtube videos on no-till and food plots. I can't think of anything specific to add but if you have any questions many on this forum including me are usually willing to share experience.

3. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks. I'll look into that. Main thing is I'm trying to stay away from bad info off the bat which is why I asked for advice on where to go. I'm sure I'll have specific questions later I'm just trying to get some basics knocked out now.

4. nutritionist

nutritionist Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm writing a book called "from soil to success". It involves some of the things your asking about. It is the theme the past few years for the food plot seminars i conduct. My background is in managed intensive grazing, deer nutrition and the natural approach to agronomy and nutrition.