Clover Food Plot Growth Question

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by Tannerb34, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Tannerb34

Tannerb34 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I planted Antler King Trophy clover on 8/13/2014 for my fall food plot. It is now 8/19/2014 and one half of my food plot looks really good and the other half, the clover hasn't even broken the surface yet. Is it too early to start over seeding the areas that are bare? Or should I wait a little bit longer since it hasn't even been a week since I planted it? My soil PH balance is good and I have used the recommended fertilizer.

2. pastorandrew

pastorandrew Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would give it some time. check it in a week or so.

3. BukFvr21

BukFvr21 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Like pastorandrew said give it another week and check. If still nothing has come up and get put some more seed out, especially if rain is in the forecast.

4. rsmith

rsmith Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Give it time! Don't overseed I made the mistake and now wish I didn't it is actually choking out some of it, just or it be for the next 2 weeks than come back to it

5. Jimolsson7

Jimolsson7 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Clover should really be planted in the spring. It doesn't grow fast enough to be a fall food plot. If I was you I would go get a Bag of Honey Hole or Slam Dunk and over seed it yesterday. I'm also a member of the antler king Prostaff so I have a fair amount of experience with all of these products. If you want to have something for bow season you need to plant something different ASAP

6. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Is there a difference win sun cover? Meaning are the good areas in shaded locations and bad areas in full sun or vice versa?

7. Jimolsson7

Jimolsson7 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good areas get full sun. If you have only partial sun it would be better to use minimax if you want clover. Its more hearty and tolerant. I would stick with no sweat if you need a fall planting and you have limited sunlight. Here's minimax on a logging road with partial sun.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014