Fall Plot

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by Skywalker, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's been an extremely busy spring and summer. I finally got some time to get my small brassica plot planted this weekend. Planted about 1/3 of an acre of Monster Raxx Last Heart Beet. Can't wait to see the results. I've had brassica's planted in this spot 3 out of the last 4 season and didn't really have much luck with it last year(planted Tall Tine Tubers). I'm going to guess there was a lack of Nitrogen, so I broad cast about 90 lbs of a Nitrogen fertilizer. Hoping for better results this year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On a side note, My Soybean plot is looking pretty good. I had some real problems with it early this year. The grass competition was crazy. I was a little late spraying with Roundup and was afraid I wouldn't be able to knock the grass's and weeds back, but it still did it's job.

[​IMG]

2. Cablebob

Cablebob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I want to put in a clover plot. I am going to ask the property owner for next year.

3. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Grasses shouldn't be a problem if you don't get it sprayed right away. Roundup should be no issues!

Very nice plots by the way.

4. scoot12

scoot12 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    great looking plots, keep us updated. Scoot