Food plots and Ground Hog Max

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by englum_06, Jul 29, 2016.

1. englum_06

englum_06 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Got a couple food plots ready to plant here recently. Sprayed them here a few weeks back and took then took my new Ground Hog Max to them! I love this little disc! It allows me to get to plot where I can't get other machinery and it really does a great job!

Plot #1 is probably about 1/2 - 3/4 of an acre. It's long and narrow and I put it in area that's shaped like an hour glass. In the picture with my truck, my stand is up above my truck on the passenger side. I can shoot into the round area, in the pinch straight in front of my stand, and then in the other side of the plot as well.

Also, the deer tend to mill around in the plot until close to dark, then use the lane my truck is sitting in and that lane feeds up to the primary feeding fields which are clover and beans.

I intentionally disked around all the trees and left the low hanging branches because the bucks love to rub and scrape these trees in this plot in the fall. Can't wait to see what shows up down there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Plot #2 is also about 3/4 of an acre. You can see my dad in the one picture. To get to this plot we have to cross a creek which made it impossible to get any large equipment in. I had to climb an almost straight up creek bank with my 4 wheeler to get to plot! When we sprayed it, it was about 6' tall.

This is a pipeline that runs east and west and divides two tracts of timber. The pipeline has crop fields on both ends which I don't have access to hunt. So the idea was to put food on the pipeline and hopefully entice the deer to feed on the pipeline before heading down to the fields.

The bucks also cruise this pipeline during the rut scent checking both sides of the timber. I'll have multiple stands along this plot to maximize my abilities to hunt multiple wind directions.

This is looking down the pipeline from the west.

[​IMG]

Looking up the pipeline from the east.

[​IMG]

Almost at the Far East end of the plot. That's my dad down below... Shows what the pipeline looked like before we started.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  2. NAlbowhunter01

NAlbowhunter01 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Honey hole in the making. I can see that bruiser laying out his scrap line down that corridor. Looks good. What are you planing on planting in the plot?

3. englum_06

englum_06 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That's the idea!

I believe I'll be laying down some Frigid Forage Big N Beasty in one and then maybe the Antler King Slam Dunk in another.

May also put some clover in there so I'll have a food source into next spring and summer also.