Antler king mineral

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by apb5f2, Aug 18, 2016.

1. apb5f2

apb5f2 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Does anyone use antlerking mineral and do you like it. I use trophy rock. The deer find it quickly and come back everyday. But in a big rain it melts away to nothing and then the deer stay away until I put down another rock.

2. DVO

DVO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    A regular brown mineral block from a farm supply store works as good if not better than any of "deer" marketed blocks I have used. 50# block is like $7 tops.
    I have put antler king mineral down once and wasn't impressed with the deer traffic it got.
    My go to is Deer Cane Black magic and the brown salt block. 80% of the time it works every time.

3. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Try using the trophy rock on a log, mine last pretty long and if they do melt they soak into the wood which the deer will chew on.

I use pops loose moose with trophy rocks/FOUR65, seem to do well paired together.

Just stay away from pure salt!

4. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You do realize Trophy Rock is over 93% nothing but salt and as high as 98% if memory serves. While "mined" from salt deposits in the earth it is still just a glorified salt block.

If attracting deer is all you desire to do than any high salt content bait block, powder, granule will work.

5. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yes I know the trophy rocks are pretty much pure salt but I never use them by themselves. Each site has fats and proteins as well other nutrients to benefit the deer.