Got fall food plots cut and sprayed

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by copperhead, Jul 25, 2016.

1. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Was able to get the food plots mowed and sprayed this weekend. Below is a picture of one of them by the time I got to 2 and 3 I was hot and was in no mood to take a picture. :tu:

All the plots are about the same size. Looking at planting winter peas in one, clover, alfalfa and oats in another. And this one will have oats, triticale, peas, clover and chicory.

[​IMG]

Just going to see what works best here. I have a few areas that are hard to get to but get some light that I will throw down some turnips for a late winter source. The idea being adding some food that will pull them in and keep them on the property. Excited for this year results. Especially since I actually have a decent number of deer showing up on cams with nothing in front of them.

2. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Keep us updated. Were doing the same right now. Chicory and Brassicas its looking like.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

3. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Looks good!!
    We mowed 2 weeks ago to knock the real tall stuff down. If it isn't too wet we're going to mow again this weekend to get it to where we can spray it.
    Keep us posted.