Polaris 570 vs mule 610

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by Wisconsin Buckwatch, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Wisconsin Buckwatch

Wisconsin Buckwatch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah guys...another question...I've gotten permission from the wife to purchase a atv. I want it to disc and haul deer, wood, and household stuff. Now I was looking at a mile 610. I like that it has the dump box for around the house, and my boys and could ride with me..it's simple enough that my wife would feel comfortable using it. However the towing capacity is 1100 pounds 400 hundred less then the Polaris. But can the mule pull a small disc without destroying it? Any feedback would be great.. I can't afford a ranger fyi

2. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  3. Wisconsin Buckwatch

Dislikes Received:
    That wasn't an option, i do understand what your saying. I just don't want to spend that much money. I would probably purchase a compact tractor for that amount of money.

4. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Ok. I would not get the 610 for discing. It is air cooled and only 400cc. I would not get an ATV to disc unless it is liquid cooled. Given those two choices I would do the Polaris 570 as it is liquid cooled (big deal) and a bigger engine.

However, the Polaris is still CVT transmission I believe. So may I suggest a Honda that is gear drive instead of a belt. Such as the Rancher or Foreman. That would be way better for pulling a disc.

5. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You might look at CFMOTO UForce 800.

It is close to the same price range as the Mule -- with WHOLE lot more options.

Just bought a 2015 back in march and love it so far.

6. Wisconsin Buckwatch

Dislikes Received:
    Both belt driven...I've been using my grandpas Polaris 500 for the last 5 years to till small plots with the antler king sod buster. I have nothing over an acre and it always seemed to work great. Just kind of tired of borrowing stuff.

7. EBhunts

EBhunts Newb

Dislikes Received:
    For whatever it's worth I can't say enough good things about my 2014 Honda Foreman. I use it only for food plotting (no trail riding) and working on my property. I have a total of about 2 acres of plots I work with it and it does everything I could ask it to do. Direct drive is a big plus IMHO, and as a number of folks have already mentioned, so is liquid cooled. I use Kolpin Dirtworks attachments and am also very happy with those as well.

Good luck with whatever you go with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

8. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You can get a good used Honda foreman for $3000. That is what I would do in your case. good luck.

9. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We use to use our Polaris 850's for most of our food plot work. It is hard on those little machines. The biggest problems is that I thought I could pull bigger implements than I should've.
    With that being said we went and bought a 1981 John Deere 2040 for a little less than $6000. We now do all the food plots with that machine. We have a 3 bottom plow, 9 1/2' 3pt disc, 12' pull behind disc, grain drill, not no-till, and a cyclone spreader. All of these are in great shape. All of these implements totaled less than $3200. None of the implements are new. The drill had been completely rebuilt. It is a John Deere 137B. It does an outstanding job on everything we've planted.
    I'm just saying we started out doing most of our food plots with the ATV. So, for about $9000 we are set for doing food plots.
    Granted we are not doing hundred's of acres but we do about 8 acres total.
    None of our equipment was bought new and we didn't buy it all at once. It is all from craigslist or just seeing it for sale along the road. It is all in very good shape.
    Just an option.

10. Wisconsin Buckwatch

Dislikes Received:
    I wish I could have a tractor all those attachments, however I don't have the space for all that stuff and my wife and I want to have something my boys can ride with me. Once they are older that could work out. Thanks for the advice guys