Arrow Wraps

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by kurveball18, Jan 29, 2016.

1. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm doing my own arrows for now on. I'm be getting my own fletching jig etc and I've noticed a lot of guys use arrow wraps as well. What are the benefits? or are they just for looks? I'd like to get some so was wondering what brands should I stay away from if I find them locally.

2. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    They are just for looks mostly. I use the NAP quick fletch wraps with vanes already attached in Realtree. I ordered from Arrow Wraps by Arrowrap (Your source for arrow wraps) and had some arrows done for my dad and step mom last Christmas and they loved them. You can totally customize the wrap with just about any design you want. The arrows have performed very well so far too.

3. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I order all my arrow wraps from Onestringer Custom Arrow Wraps They have the best arrow wraps I have used. They last really well and are easy to install. It is easy to attach vanes to them as well. They are more for looks than anything, but they make finding the arrow a lot easier. The weight of them is marginal and I don't have to re-sight my bow once they are installed.

4. Bulldog18

Bulldog18 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Onestringer is all I use. Great product and fast service. I use them so I can see my arrow better.

5. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Like stated above they make arrows alot easier to find!

6. Bryan Jeffrey

Bryan Jeffrey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    dont buy custom wraps from arrowarps.com. they are horrible. thats all i have to say about that. and good luck fletching your own arrows! once you get a system down. it will be more accurate than pre fletched arrows!

this is what i do when i get a pack of arrows.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  7. PSEHunter79

PSEHunter79 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The biggest downside to wraps is if you damage one vane, you need to redo the entire arrow, rip off the wrap and refletch all 3 vanes.

8. sethf11

sethf11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Can you use the wraps below the already existing vanes (as in further down the shaft of the arrow)? I want the wraps simply for visibility purposes. I would put them on and keep the current vanes. Just never seen it done before.

9. kurveball18

Dislikes Received:
    I think the biggest benefit I can tell is that you don't have to scrape glue off the shaft. Just rip the wrap off, clean it up a bit and your ready to fletch again

10. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Great point!

11. kurveball18

Dislikes Received:
    I'm using easton axis arrows with neon green blazers and a white. Too many to choose from on onestringer lol. Maybe a neon green wrap? Any ideas what would look cool lol

12. ChuckC

ChuckC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Custom you can't go wrong with Onestringer. Like others have said, replacing the wrap and vanes is easy. Just use a blow dryer to get the wrap off and then mineral spirits to clean up the residue. If I have one vane that needs replaced I prefer to replace them all because putting them in the fletching jig you often cannot get the arrow aligned perfectly back up again to put one fletch in place and have it perfectly symmetrical, especially if you index your nocks.

13. kurveball18

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys, I think i'll order some from Onestringer today and order some blazers from Amazon.com since I got a 50 dollar gift card for Amazon. I went and got myself the Arizona Mini EZ fletch that puts a good Helical on them as well.

Any suggestion on glue? I looked at them at the local shop today and they want like 10-15 bucks which is rediculous. Can I use regular super glue?

14. PSEHunter79

PSEHunter79 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

Dunno if you ever did it, but most don't just come off as you think and peel off. You'll still need to scrape off some of the adhesion and when you try to peel off good chance it rips taking more time to remove the entire wrap. You can buy a vane removal tool that can scrape off glue in 2 seconds... PLUS you than need to redo all 3 vanes + cost of arrow wraps which are over a buck a piece... It all adds up - live and learn..

15. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have been using OneStringer wraps for over 15 years now. Wraps are for looks yes, but also add some visibility, and if you use a lighter color it allows you a good place to read the blood. Also if you do not fletch over the seam it is really easy to get them off when it's time to refletch without scraping and risking damaging your arrows. If you fletch over the seam sometimes you still end up scraping. I have never had a OneStringer wrap shift or peel off. And not I am not a staff member, just a happy consumer :) .

Use a hair dryer or hold it over boiling water to help aid in peeling them off. A little heat and they peel right off. A little cleaner and the glue is off and ready to fletch.

16. rick-florida

rick-florida Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    the store bought wraps look great but you can also use tape, labels, bumper sticker material, and other materials for wraps and it costs pennies. main reason I use wraps is ease of cleaning the arrow for refletching. am still using and when needed refletching arrows that were bought back in 2007.