Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rick-florida View Post
    I would suggest each on their own lifeline vice two people using the same lifeline. not worried about the line parting but rather about one falling and possibly the movement of the lifeline pulling the second person off.
    I agree, if we are in a tree we will each have our own lifeline.
    Likes Jay Pope liked this post

Gear:
    Hoyt Charger #70 26.5"
    Easton Axis 340s
    Slick Trick Magnums 100 grain
    Black Gold Ambush Ascent
    True Fire 360

Today I will do what others won't so that tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't.-Jerry Rice

Ps 73:26

Post Thanks / Like
    I had my son watching and sitting with me at age 7 in the two man stand. ( he wasn't ready to pull the trigger). Then at age 8 he was hunting out of that two man ladder stand. We both had separate harnesses and life lines both years. your choice thou.

MATURITY LEVEL!!!!!!!!???????

HE IS 16 NOW AND LOVES IT!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by MUDSHARK; 01-10-2017 at 12:48 PM.
    Likes cantexian liked this post

2016 HALON (6) 70#
    Carbon express Red Arrows
    QAD REST
    I Q Bow site
    GRIM REAPERS BROADHEAD

I'M AT FULL DRAW WAITING FOR THE SHOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Eureka Lodge #366
    Free and Accepted Mason of Pennsylvania

TEAM "HIGH 5"

2016 BOWHUNTING.COM DEER CONTEST

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cantexian View Post
    I agree, if we are in a tree we will each have our own lifeline.
    Can never be too safe.

...You're talking to the Rolex wearin', diamond ring wearin', kiss stealin', ---WOOO--- wheelin' dealin', limousine ridin', jet fliyin' SON OF A GUN!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I started my daughter in a tree stand at 10... she is 12 now.. my younger is 10 now, but I still don't think she is quite ready. We have been sticking to ground blinds w/ the bow, or just sitting on ground w/ gun.
    Likes Jay Pope liked this post

Mathews Halon
    HHA Optimizer DS-XL5519
    Beman ICS Hunter 400
    QAD Ultrarest
    NAP Spitfire Maxx

Post Thanks / Like
    Took my son a lot this year. He turned 6 in May. He was with me in the stand for several of my kills. We were unlucky the times he had a weapon. Just depends on the child.

BOOMER SOONER!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Is he a natural climber that feels comfortable going up? As a kid I did a lot of tree climbing, and have always felt very comfortable (probably too much so) climbing anything. My kids did not have the luxury of growing up with good climbing trees, and this year when my 16 yr old finally expressed an interest in going hunting I sent him up a tree with some lone wolf climbing sticks. He was not comfortable at all. Even with the lifeline I almost had him just stay on the ground. My 19 year old did some work from a ladder this summer, and it was probably 3 weeks before he started feeling comfortable. It's hard to enjoy yourself if you are hanging on for dear life. You will know if your son is ready when you watch him go up, and it will be different for every kid.
    Anti-Trump Snowflake. Just remember that next time you hike over a glacial moraine, it was put there by a bunch of snowflakes that got together and all moved in the same direction.

Is it wrong to criticize the president again, now that we have a Republican in the White House?

Post Thanks / Like
    no disrespect to you or your son. I believe there isn't an age to young to start the learning process, however in my opinion, as having been a hunter ed instructor and taught hundreds of children the basics I don't believe that any child under ten is a little too young to really get the understanding of whats going on. they like the idea of hunting but are reliant on you to get them in the stand , keep them safe, and let them harvest an animal . they don't practice like adults, or think like them . not saying there are plenty of dumb adults out there . let your son learn form your knowledge and that there is a bigger picture of hunting to learn. give him a couple more years . get him a hunter ed class and you will see there is an awful lot to learn for a six year old..
    Likes ruck139 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I'm not a dad, but a g'mom with 4 of the 8 G'kids hunting with me. The 2 G'daughters shot their first deer in the buddy ladder stand with me (different times of course, lol). They were 13 and 15. The youngest g'son was 7 when he first went with me...sat in the buddy stand and did awesome....now he is 9 and we use both the ladder stand and ground blind....he has gotten 1 deer so far. The other one in a blind with me is my 14 yr old g'son, no deer yet, but this is his first season (finally got him away from the video games). I love that they want to be in the woods. Youth hunter in a tree stand-image-jpgYouth hunter in a tree stand-image-jpgYouth hunter in a tree stand-image-jpg
    Marsha
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
    Philippians 4:13

Post Thanks / Like
    The other G'daughter with her deerYouth hunter in a tree stand-image-jpg
    Marsha
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
    Philippians 4:13

Post Thanks / Like
    x2 on remmett70's ideas. Practice climbing the stand to see how he does.

And absolutely he has to have his feet on the platform or a built up box. This is for safety. Comfort and keeping him still are important yes but secondary to his staying in the stand.
    When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The SMART ones left long ago!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2