Ssssooooo....

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Skunkworkx, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Skunkworkx

Skunkworkx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don't carry my phone at work, but check it at break, lunch, and before hitting the locker room. I'm not one of those people always checking/texting/posting.

So, I am walking up to the locker room and look at my phone, text from wife says call me when you're on your way....oh snap, what happened ????
    I call her as I'm leaving the parking lot and she asks if I seen the pic ...i'm confused...well, seems my dumbass neighbor was shooting his kids bow (neither has any idea what they're doing)....now I have a hole in my siding and corner bead. WTF...I'm hot. I had a talk with this "person" back over the summer when I found an arrow in my yard.
    Wife was flipping out, had the Sheriff at the house who looked at it and said only one place it could have came from, goes and talks to the "person" who admitted he did it by accident, got and ear full from the LEO about his stupidity. "Person" claims it wasn't from today....
    WTF, man up, knock on my door and tell me you F'd up and you'll take care of it [​IMG]. I don't mind anyone shooting in their yard, BUT KNOW YOUR BACKGROUND !!!
    What IF it was my wife, daughter, me, or my dog....what IF it would have hit somewhere else and went through a wall ?

Lets see where this goes now...........:mad::mad:

2. Innovative Outdoorsman

Innovative Outdoorsman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  3. tc racing

tc racing Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    don't have to go far to find stupidity now a days!

4. Bowhunter728

Bowhunter728 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  5. jcz

jcz Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would have blown a gasket

6. norseman112

norseman112 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It's a real challenge to live next to idiots. I hope things get better for you.

7. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just maybe he'll figure out which way to place his target from now on.

8. tc racing

tc racing Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    don't count on it. stupid people don't know how to learn from their mistakes. my neighbor thought it was funny to watch his kid driving golf balls at my house one day. needless to say I cost him a $25,000 septic system in the end. contractors are the worst neighbor to have. you better not fart without a permit! haha!

9. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    No excuse for that, that is basic stuff when you are firing anything with any type of stored energy. Gun, bow, etc., always know what is behind your target. Hope that this guy gets it. Good luck.

10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    City problems.

11. Lung Buster

Lung Buster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Common sense just isn't that common anymore!! Glad no one got hurt!!

12. BuckEyeJay

BuckEyeJay Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This is why people shouldn't shoot at there houses unless they have a proper lane with nothing behind it or a great back stop. The way our houses are set up this can't happen unless a neighbor turns and aims at my house . I'm the last house on a dead end alley so I go into the alley and shoot into my garage my back wall is lined with foam and just in case It does or i think its going anywhere it'll be my own garage wall beyond that is my yard then trees and my house so I know for sure I could never risk a neighbors life , pet or property to be damaged. lol I paper tune and can shoot out to 30 yards at my house without any neighbors or anyone in the backgrounds line of fire . One neighbor is a sheriff the other a local cop and directly next door is our city foreman they all come out and watch and think it's so cool especially at low light or night when I'm shooting lighted nocks. But they all support me knowing I practice ever day for tornys target shooting and 3d I would of been at Iowa but my damn surgery maybe I can make it to Vegas fingers crossed but prob won't till next year. But you should always know your surroundings and what's behind the line of fire for a long ways and try to set it up so nothing is or go to a range and shoot.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  13. grommel

grommel Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Moron bro, glad no one got hit, or your dog. Like you said, man up, say i`m sorry and fix it!! But unfortunately people are not who they should be anymore!! Best of luck dealing with this "person" and getting the house fixed!

14. DickensCPA

DickensCPA Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    In early 2015 after i got my first HHA I was doing the 20/40 deal to set up a tape. Because of the way my house and basement are configured I can safely shoot 30 yds with my back to my privacy fence into an all brick house backstop with no windows in that section. Our fence is the black ornamental fence so I don't shoot toward it cause obviously the arrows would go thru the open spots.

I just had to try 40 yds and in order to do so I had to get diagonal and lose my backstop so I put stuff above and around the target in case my 40 was off. Was just gonna get an idea where 40 would be and then go some place proper when I could get out.

Got comfortable at 40 and then came back in to 20 to see if it was still on and forgot to slide the pin off 40. Arrow sailed into my neighbor's HVAC and right in to his PCB board in his unit.

I'm not above doing something stupid every once in a while but I try not to do the same thing twice. I immediately rang his doorbell and told him I'd take care of everything and I was sorry. He didn't get bent out of shape since his son bow hunts as well and two of his arrows wound up in our back lawn but did no damage.

It was a $1200 mistake and I've never done that again. LOL!

15. Skunkworkx

Dislikes Received:

I haven't played this card ......YET ;)

16. rick-florida

rick-florida Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    stuff happens. The guy should have come over, fessed up, and helped fix it.

17. Ky Bob

Ky Bob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That's what's wrong with the world today. Nobody wants to take responsibility for their actions! He was going to let it slide and see if you noticed the hole.

18. Skunkworkx

Dislikes Received:
    Exactly !

19. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My father referred to such people as "thoughtless turds."

20. TheNatureBoy

TheNatureBoy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ......and next thing you know there'll be a duck or cat or deer walking around your neighborhood with an arrow in its forehead.