Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like
    The more I keep scouting the more I realize how hard it is to find a really good spot. Some days I scout for 5 hours I don't find a spot where I would waste a hunt. So in a nutshell, scout harder than you hunt.
    Likes santiago0072002, ruck139 liked this post

KILL!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Velvetbuck View Post
    On x hunt maps is awesome it also tells you who owns each piece of private land I've gotten permission to so many spots just cause this app. But it has a topographic maps and all kinds of structure maps you can mark were you hunt and it tracks your foot steps each time so you won't get lost or know where that exact tree is for the next time on public it also tells you the public boundaries and let's you know if your across them it does a whole bunch check it out it a great app to have.
    That sounds awesome, does it cost to use?

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it an area that produces big bucks? is the public parcel terrain rolling hills? does the public parcel have farmland? is it a really big place for yearling buck harvest for gun hunters? All those answers will tell you if that areas got nice bucks year after year.
    BOWHUNTER all the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    What virginiashadow said, the harder you scout the better. With big parcels bottlenecks are key IMO, anything to constrict deer movement. If you don't have a lot of time, pick an area, say 300 acres for now, and learn it intimately. Avoid deep woods, hunters migrate to deep areas(you know, the whole "go deeper than the next guy") and it's a load of crap, stay near the edges.
    Likes Jrob140 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hard scouting doesn't tell you if that areas got a big buck. You could be scouting and all you saw is a yearling buck, a doe and got pics of a yearling bucks and does . Size, terrain and if the areas for farmland are the main keys if that parcels got big bucks roaming around year after year. If its all big woods. Lots of scouting, more hit or misses if there's a big buck there or not and try not getting lost.
    BOWHUNTER all the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Xoutdoors View Post
    Hard scouting doesn't tell you if that areas got a big buck. You could be scouting and all you saw is a yearling buck, a doe and got pics of a yearling bucks and does . Size, terrain and if the areas for farmland are the main keys if that parcels got big bucks roaming around year after year. If its all big woods. Lots of scouting, more hit or misses if there's a big buck there or not and try not getting lost.
    Hard scouting doesn't tell you if an area has a big buck?
    KILL!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love scouting after a rain.
    Stuff like this tells me what's in the area.
    I wear a size 11
    Likes Jrob140, virginiashadow liked this post

Strother Wrath SHO
    6O#
    29"

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't want to give away to much information about the spot but I know forsure there are big deer there, and I've even had someone I trust show me a couple good places to start. But I just wanted to know what you guys look for when you go out so that while I'm scouting the areas I've been told about I have a better idea of what to look for and where to set yp

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2