Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Xoutdoors View Post
    I don't think it's necessary to hold your bow for minutes. I don't even draw my bow back until he looks away and hold back for 3secs or less, and aim my pin behind a deers shoulder to release an arrow.
    I agree its not necessary. I look at it like shooting at long distances. It helps my shooting at closer range. Being able to have a long solid hold with a good follow through helps me shoot better and I'm more confident. When I get tired the basics starts breaking down.
    Likes Xoutdoors, Paulmorrison liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think it's necessary to hold your bow for minutes. I don't even draw my bow back until he looks away and hold back for 3secs or less, and aim my pin behind a deers shoulder to release an arrow.
    Elk have eyes like turkeys. When they clear the last bush or obstacle you better be at full draw and holding or game over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kilboars Hunt Club & FAA/QUE Archery Team
    Prime Centergy Hybrid & 2 Rivals, Black Gold Revenge, Hamskee Rest
    Black Eagle Revenge Arrows, Scott Sabertooth NCS Release for hunting.

Post Thanks / Like
    if you want to limit yourself to only perfect hunting scenerios, that's fine. Not everyone has unlimited shooting lanes and deer that ignore them. Some of us have to draw before he gets to a shooting lane, and then it takes some deer 5 minutes to move 10 feet.
    The NRA - 1.4% of the US population forcing its views on 98.6% of Americans

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Afflicted View Post
    Elk have eyes like turkeys. When they clear the last bush or obstacle you better be at full draw and holding or game over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not really game over. In hunting There's always another way of getting a game animal. In my way of bowhunting. When im brushed in and they look away. Ill draw my bow back. Hell look at me. Ill release an arrow. shots may not be as perfect broadside. A little of it will be broadside but most times as the animal looks away and i draw back. Hes always light quarering away through strongly quartering away shots. But Im still successful in the end. Its like youre saying is that a traditional bowhunter can't kill an elk or turkey. My answes the opposite. They can. Traditional bows dont have cams to hold back for them. They got only 2secs or less to release an arrow.
    BOWHUNTER all the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uncljohn View Post
    if you want to limit yourself to only perfect hunting scenerios, that's fine. Not everyone has unlimited shooting lanes and deer that ignore them. Some of us have to draw before he gets to a shooting lane, and then it takes some deer 5 minutes to move 10 feet.
    If you're bowhunting whitetails.as I said there's always another way. I've tagged most of my deer being brushed in 15+ feet up in the tree, I'm also shooting through the windows of brushes. If the animal can't present you a time to draw your bow back because he's not looking away and he's looking up at the trees. Either let him walk away and hunt another day or grunt or rattle him back to get another chance till u draw your bow back to tag him
    BOWHUNTER all the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's not really game over. In hunting There's always another way of getting a game animal. In my way of bowhunting. When im brushed in and they look away. Ill draw my bow back. Hell look at me. Ill release an arrow. shots may not be as perfect broadside. A little of it will be broadside but most times as the animal looks away and i draw back. Hes always light quarering away through strongly quartering away shots. But Im still successful in the end. Its like youre saying is that a traditional bowhunter can't kill an elk or turkey. My answes the opposite. They can. Traditional bows dont have cams to hold back for them. They got only 2secs or less to release an arrow.

Yeah, hunting with sticks and strings is not my bag baby.
    I hunted with a big trad guy when I first got into hunting and he spent most of his time missing animals and trying to justify bad shots and busting my balls because I hunt with far more powerful and accurate compound bow. Just really turned me off.
    I still work for a living so I don't have the kind of time I believe you need to put into training to shoot instinctually to ever shoot at a live animal. But that's me and so I practice holding at full draw.
    Kilboars Hunt Club & FAA/QUE Archery Team
    Prime Centergy Hybrid & 2 Rivals, Black Gold Revenge, Hamskee Rest
    Black Eagle Revenge Arrows, Scott Sabertooth NCS Release for hunting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Afflicted View Post
    Yeah, hunting with sticks and strings is not my bag baby.
    I hunted with a big trad guy when I first got into hunting and he spent most of his time missing animals and trying to justify bad shots and busting my balls because I hunt with far more powerful and accurate compound bow. Just really turned me off.
    I still work for a living so I don't have the kind of time I believe you need to put into training to shoot instinctually to ever shoot at a live animal. But that's me and so I practice holding at full draw.
    Its like saying an indians got to shoot like a olympic champion shooter. Ive tagged plenty of nice whitetails with drawing back to arrow with my bow using that technique buddy. There's always another way of hunting an animal. Not everybody's got to be an olypic archer to hunt with a bow and arrow right. Its like use your head to hunt or rely on just skills from an olympic archer. It's like the styles of karate. Its like ur sayin Everyone's must only use shotokan Karate, when ive been learning and using kyukushin Karate for example. I respect everyone's way of hunting. It's just my preference not a fact.
    Likes Afflicted liked this post

BOWHUNTER all the way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2