Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by trial153 View Post
    Yes because marketing trumps efficiency and reliability of design. That's a real responsible and ethical business model.
    Instead of staying with a proven design of product. Lets change it. And claim it's better than the previous model.
    Likes early in, trial153 liked this post

Mathews Halon 32 Optifade Elevated II
    QAD Mathews Ultra Rest
    Vital X - Startrax
    Easton Axis 5mm 340 Blazer Vanes
    QAD Exodus Swept 100gr
    Mathews ArrowWeb CT Quiver
    Sitka Gear

When a Hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics, and richer for the experience. That Hunter is 20 feet closer to God. -Fred Bear

Post Thanks / Like
    You guys crack me up.

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    NAP double Cross rear blades not opening You guys crack me up.

Nothing better than a broadhead thread on a Thursday!

sent from my mini hand held phone

Mathews Halon 32 Optifade Elevated II
    QAD Mathews Ultra Rest
    Vital X - Startrax
    Easton Axis 5mm 340 Blazer Vanes
    QAD Exodus Swept 100gr
    Mathews ArrowWeb CT Quiver
    Sitka Gear

When a Hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics, and richer for the experience. That Hunter is 20 feet closer to God. -Fred Bear

Post Thanks / Like
    My hypothesis ***checks google*** is that the main blades create a wound channel so large that there may not be enough friction/force on bleeder tabs to open the bleeder blades.
    ...You're talking to the Rolex wearin', diamond ring wearin', kiss stealin', ---WOOO--- wheelin' dealin', limousine ridin', jet fliyin' SON OF A GUN!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone has an opinion but if I don't agree with it you're a racist! Liberal Logic 101

Poster of the 1,000,000TH post

www.matcodist.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a huge fan of mechanical heads, but some of them are way over the top, designed more to attract hunters than to kill deer. The design of Rage and NAP Killzone style heads simply cannot be beat IMO. I will forever stick with a head with that design. For guys like me shooting 60lbs the Rage Hypodermic+P is the best yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    ruck you have to check out the muzzy hybrid it does not use clips or o rings to keep the blades closed.
    Likes dnoodles liked this post

Pope And Young do not consider does as deer or crossbows as archery equipment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota View Post
    ruck you have to check out the muzzy hybrid it does not use clips or o rings to keep the blades closed.
    Hybrids are equal to an admission of guilt.
    Likes early in liked this post

"A man with no enemies is a man with no character............Paul Newman
    "It is good to have and end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.".. Ernst Hemingway
    "Happiness is a blood trail".......Me, Trial153

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by trial153 View Post
    Hybrids are equal to an admission of guilt.
    Guilty of what having a fixed blade couple with a mechanical blade to enhance blood letting? We get it mechanicals are not for you but a couple million people have success with mechanicals every year, so to say all mechanicals are no good is just wrong. Like I said you use a mechanical release on a compound bow that is mechanical as well so like it or not you are using mechanical devices to bow hunt.

Post Thanks / Like
    NAP double Cross rear blades not opening-91sn32q-jpg
    Dislikes Wisconsin Buckwatch disliked this post

...You're talking to the Rolex wearin', diamond ring wearin', kiss stealin', ---WOOO--- wheelin' dealin', limousine ridin', jet fliyin' SON OF A GUN!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Guilty of what having a fixed blade couple with a mechanical blade to enhance blood letting? We get it mechanicals are not for you but a couple million people have success with mechanicals every year, so to say all mechanicals are no good is just wrong. Like I said you use a mechanical release on a compound bow that is mechanical as well so like it or not you are using mechanical devices to bow hunt.
    It's your insurance policy. Otherwise why need for a fixed blade at all? Just shoot a fully un deployed mechanical .

The compound , release aid argument doesn't hold much water, and you being in the water business know it.
    If my bow( release ) fails to shoot ..oh well I don't shoot. A animal walking away unscathed is far from a worry.
    On the other hand if my broadhead isn't a broadhead on impact i have an ethical problem ...
    "It is good to have and end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.".. Ernst Hemingway

Post Thanks / Like
    Unscathed? I would be willing to bet that the majority of mechanical failures are user error, either wrong arrow or have the blade retention system installed wrong. I like the hybrid I would say it is fool proof, there is no possible way that the mechanical blade does not deploy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not familiar with it, will check it out, but I never really had a problem with clips/o-rings.

Post Thanks / Like

NAP double Cross rear blades not opening

Unscathed? I would be willing to bet that the majority of mechanical failures are user error, either wrong arrow or have the blade retention system installed wrong. I like the hybrid I would say it is fool proof, there is no possible way that the mechanical blade does not deploy.
    I agree, your buying insurance in the event of failure, hence you have to then acknowledge the possibility it can fail otherwise you wouldn't deem insurance necessary.

In that regard I think it's a wise decision. Good choice

Post Thanks / Like
    I love it, the mechanical broadhead failure argument. SO played! In my 30+ years of bowhunting I have had three broadhead failures, one was a mechanical, a Pucketts Bloodtrailer that crushed on impact. Total garbage they were. My Dad has always used mechanicals and in countless kills only once had had a mechanical fail, a Punchcutter broke on him way back when. The other two failures I had were fixed heads, one literally snapped in half, the other all three blades dislodged from the head on impact, and all three blades were inside the deer even though the rest of the arrow passed through!
    My Dad and I have killed countless deer with quality mechanical heads like Snyper, Rocket, NAP Killzone, and a few others, and the worst failure we saw was the occasional bent blade. We NEVER lost a deer because of the fault of any of the above heads. Guys scapegoat mechanical heads because they can, it's easier than saying "maybe I screwed up"!
    Likes Sota liked this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast