Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Chris Brackett's 60 Yard Shot Video, Rant, etc.

I unfriended Chris a long time ago ..some people aren't meant to deal with the public..he's one. I dont care how good a shot he is. After I saw some of his comments on his FB page I couldn't stomach seeing anything he is in . What a total *** hat ! Sometimes you just have to suck it up and not shoot at an animal no matter how big he is. He might can shoot a 5in group at 80 yd still target but a wild animal is a completely different deal.. he gives the sport a bad name doing stuff like that !

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    He was at a local archery re grand opening couple of years ago. He was bragging how he shot the big elk I had to walk away from him telling the story. He was a way better hunter when he first started out back in the day.

Post Thanks / Like
    I say this based on personal experience, learned this season:
    it doesn't matter if you can bust nocks all day long on targets at the range at 80 yards- that doesn't mean a whitetail deer is just going to stand there and let you do it to him. That deer don't give a damn what your name is, how cool your beard is, or who your sponsors are. Anything over 40 yards and often as not you're like as not to miss or worse maim and lose that animal as you are to wrap your hands around those horns.

I got lucky this season on a misjudged distance (thought he was 40; ended up being 48.) The deer was perfectly broadside and looking slightly away as I released. I was only slightly above him in elevation. At the sound, his head turned and he must've seen the lighted nock and ducked right into it; turning what would have been a clean miss into a "perfect" top heart/lung shot.

If I had to guess that arrow had closed to within 30-25 yards by the time he saw it- and he still had time to hunker down that much.

Happy ending, but Lesson Learned- 40 yards max on a whitetail. And that's with "perfect conditions".
    Likes Mr.O liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Clearly, he does not care if he wounds and fails to recover an animal. And he gets all those comped hunts for free advertising from outfitters, but does those land managers and owners a great disservice.

That whole "God didn't want me to kill a deer" attitude...I "get" the Christian concept that God loves us and is interested in our lives, but does that make us the center of his universe? I think not. Narcissism, however, makes us think we are the center of his universe, though.

Wendy's is out of ice cream. "God didn't want me to have a frosty today."

Oh, I'm constipated. "God didn't want me to poop today."

I slipped on a banana peel. "God must want me to bust my keester today."

I mean no offense to the devout believers among us in our sport, but guys like Brackett not only give bowhunters a black eye, but Christianity in general. All of us are flawed, but not all of us keep talking and keep making bad decisions to confirm just how much.
    Likes ruteger, Mr.O, BradC36, jjnowak, cantexian and 3 others liked this post

Jeff Hanneman, RIP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83Nkt3YCywE

Quote Originally Posted by Sota View Post
    Anyone breaking a game law is stealing from law abiding hunters, it is not snitching.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post
    ... All of us are flawed, but not all of us keep talking and keep making bad decisions to confirm just how much.
    Who knew I'd read such a profound statement from the porcelain throne today?
    I salute your sage insight, sir.
    Likes BradC36, w33kender liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Clearly, he does not care if he wounds and fails to recover an animal. And he gets all those comped hunts for free advertising from outfitters, but does those land managers and owners a great disservice.

That whole "God didn't want me to kill a deer" attitude...I "get" the Christian concept that God loves us and is interested in our lives, but does that make us the center of his universe? I think not. Narcissism, however, makes us think we are the center of his universe, though.

Wendy's is out of ice cream. "God didn't want me to have a frosty today."

Oh, I'm constipated. "God didn't want me to poop today."

I slipped on a banana peel. "God must want me to bust my keester today."

I mean no offense to the devout believers among us in our sport, but guys like Brackett not only give bowhunters a black eye, but Christianity in general. All of us are flawed, but not all of us keep talking and keep making bad decisions to confirm just how much.
    This is very good. It is a perversion of Man first attitude.

Sent from my iPad using Bowhunting.com Forums
    Likes w33kender liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Narcissism, however, makes us think we are the center of his universe, though.
    I don't know anything about this guy other than what's posted here and can't watch the video cause I don't have Facebook but all these posts make me think this guy is the Kanye West of the T.V. hunting industry world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real talented archer. Poor hunter thow. Seen his show and didn't take me long to stop watching it. One show if I remember right he gut shot a deer,then went on to say it's OK I'm shooting a big exspandable. When you shot them it makes bad shots good. We will find them in the mourning.

parker side kick 65lb, ripcord rest, black gold rush sight,easton arrows and muzzy broadheads
    on archerytalk, waterfowltalk,duckhuntingchat,as wildernessninja. also ducksunlimited as bdhunter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Justin I applaud you and couldn't agree more with your post. I do not like Chris Brackett, never did since the moment I laid eyes on that show of his.

I can't add anything to this conversation other than whats already been said. I do know however, that longer shots, up to 60 yards aren't out of the realm when spot and stalk mule deer hunting out west. Is this considered unethical too? I don't even like that distance on animals as big as elk. Not so much in the accuracy department, but the penetration can't be great on an animal as large as an elk at those distances.
    60x Custom Bowstrings Staff
    Prime Archery
    Sitka Gear

Post Thanks / Like
    If Chris brackett has the confidence in the shot and he knows he can make it. Why not. But my comfort zone is 40 and under
    Dislikes dnoodles disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I appreciate that you not only talk the talk, but as seen in the show this week you guys walk the walk. Todd passing up a marginal shot angle is evidence of that. If you have to learn everything the hard way, you're going to spend a lot of time feeling crappy about lost deer.
    Likes blueicefire, dnoodles liked this post

Anti-Trump Snowflake. Just remember that next time you hike over a glacial moraine, it was put there by a bunch of snowflakes that got together and all moved in the same direction.

Is it wrong to criticize the president again, now that we have a Republican in the White House?

Post Thanks / Like
    To practice good shot discipline you have to overcome your ego. It's like a zen kung fu master type thing.
    Likes dnoodles, fletch920 liked this post

...You're talking to the Rolex wearin', diamond ring wearin', kiss stealin', ---WOOO--- wheelin' dealin', limousine ridin', jet fliyin' SON OF A GUN!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mississippi hoyt shooter View Post
    If Chris brackett has the confidence in the shot and he knows he can make it. Why not. But my comfort zone is 40 and under
    He knows he can make them all. Even over 100 yards on a living animal. That is the problem. What he "knows" and what is ethical and accurate are two very different things. Animals were never meant to be targets. Animals move. Flinging arrows at a target is one thing, to fling arrows at an animal is a whole new level of discipline.

The clown took off today for his lease to try to kill the buck he crippled the other day with a new bow that he sighted in last night in the dark in his driveway. And, he thought that was really cool information to post up on his Facebook page today. Besides being ADHD, I think he must have other challenges.
    Last edited by fletch920; 12-16-2016 at 05:03 PM.

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw that, what a joke

Sent from my SM-G930V using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app
    Mathews Halon 6
    HHA Kingpin
    Apache Drop Away Rest
    Carbon Express Piledriver Passthru Extremes 350
    100gr. NAP Killzone

Bowhunting.com Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like
    On his Facebook profile he says "MY GREATEST FEAR IS NOT LEARNING FROM MY MISTAKES"*

Is it irony that he took 35 minutes to try to justify his mistake instead of learning from it

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast