***Sons of Actaeon -TEAM 25***

Discussion in '2016 Deer Contest' started by Fitz, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Here we go guys! I like what I see :tu:

Be sure to check-in ASAP and then we can start voting on names, captain, etc....

Team 25-
    BigUTMuleys
    coheley665
    dbl lung
    Fitz
    Logman
    Lung Buster
    Mckaax
    nontypical223
    rustyreno
    sgcableguy
    tynimiller
    USAFBowhunter

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  2. nontypical223

nontypical223 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

3. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in....some familiar names for sure...liking what I see! Fitz feel free to drop a brute this year :chewy:

Last time Nick and I were on a team together we nearly pulled it out...might as well make it happen this time.

4. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    I know it is early but few name ideas:

Sons of Actaeon (greek God of the hunt) *children if we have any females!

Orion's Bowmen

Dawn Watchers

5. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I like those first two Ty! Keep 'em coming guys!!

6. sgcableguy

sgcableguy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in! Thanks for taking a chance on me! I am fairly new but will hunt my butt off! In the immortal words of LB Bart Scott CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!! Let's go get Em!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. sgcableguy

Dislikes Received:
    I am open to whatever name you guys choose. The first 2 are pretty awesome though!!!

8. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    You know what...we aren't doing these check - ins right. Rightful introductions fellas:

Name is Ty Miller...just call me Ty or Tyni everyone does. I am from Northern Central Indiana and that is where 90+% of my hunting occurs (venture to southern IN once in a while).

I operate and run a small hunting website called Small Acre Hunting...someday maybe I'll actually really try to build it but right now it is my way of simply sharing my outdoor experiences and sometimes picking up a habitat client from time to time.

This will be like my 4th bowhunting.com contest...and I've won one time.

I'll share some of the bucks I'm after within the coming weeks...remember DO NOT LET this contest change how you hunt or what you hunt! Have fun and stay active is the best way to enjoy it!!!!

9. sgcableguy

Dislikes Received:
    Nice to meet you Ty. My name is Shannon Garrett, I operate a small communications company in Southeast Missouri. I do most of my hunting in SEMO, but do have an open invitation to hunt with a good friend in Southern Il. I lurked around on this site for about a year, and joined as a member so I could rant about 11 months ago, just after the contest was closed. I have only been hunting about 4 or 5 years, my son got me into it, but am now hooked. Looking forward to a great season!

10. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    WTF Fitz hand pick the dream team so he can win the contest?

11. Logman

Logman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in from northern IL! My name is Logan. I am a flight/transport RN for a NICU (neonatal intensive care unit). I have 3 kids, an almost 4 year old daughter and the other two are 3 month old twin boys! I may not get out as much as usual but the times I am out are going to count! I do have 10 or so days off the first week of November so that may be my time to shine. We'll see. My food plot is growing great and hope to get some cameras out soon. Looks like a great team and I look forward to getting to know you all.

12. USAFBowhunter

USAFBowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ***TEAM 25 - Official Thread***

Good evening all! Checking in from Delaware! My name is Brian Black and I haven't been around too much lately, just returned from a deployment and catching up with family! I'm back now and ready to roll with this season. 2 weeks till the start for us here!

13. nontypical223

Dislikes Received:
    So I've already checked in, but my name is Jesse. I'll be hinting east Tennessee. Been deer hunting for 20 years now. Don't always kill a Buck every year anymore, because if I dont think they're at least 3 I won't shoot them. Dont run trail cams either. As many roads as there is here I just ride in the evening time to see what's around. I also go by word of mouth of what people have seen. I'll be up tree close to 50 times this year so I'll be hunting hard. Have fun all. Here's a couple from last year.

14. nontypical223

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. sgcableguy

Dislikes Received:
    Nice bucks! Congrats!!

16. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My name is Mike. My wife and I run a resort near the Canadian border in Ely, Minnesota for my main job. I also own my own Graphic Design, Videography and Photography company.

Been years since I put down a buck, but I've been chasing some very specific deer. I have very high hopes for this coming season and the curse will be lifted! My area has been buck only the last couple years, but it's back to hunter's choice so I can shoot either a buck or doe. So, if I don't have a buck come December, I'll be aiming for a late season doe.

17. Lung Buster

Lung Buster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Lung Buster reporting for duty!!!

18. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Welp...might as well start a little sharing of photos. For now I'll just share the 3 that appear to be possibles (1 is a definite) on the brand new 22 acre piece of ground I bought this Spring:

Splits - He's a awesome looking buck, we suspect is a mere 2.5 years old (3.5 TOPS). I'd love to see him make another year but for that to happen he'd better not come close to myself much, probably could pass early but not late...and he better avoid my Pops entirely. His G2's split beautifully and his frame while narrow has good length and we'll see where his mass washes out after velvet drops.

Gary - A buck my wife named...he's got a non-typical tine shooting up and in slightly along his right beam between his G2 and G3. Solid framed buck, again suspected to be a 2.5 year old (3.5 tops). I think I will be able to pass him all year and cannot wait to see what his frame does in the future...but who knows, I hate tag soup and Pops could plunk him too.

Big Dave - Big Dave is a buck that dwarfs the other two with his massive body and frame. His brisket is developed obviously and shows well even in the thin summer months. Fully believe he's at or over the 4 mark, which means he'll feel an arrow no matter what is on his head given a chance.

FB_IMG_1471350247857.jpg FB_IMG_1471350253614.jpg FB_IMG_1470417366443.jpg FB_IMG_1471350241850.jpg FB_IMG_1471350236134.jpg

19. nontypical223

Dislikes Received:
    Splits has got some monster potential if at 2.5.

20. Lung Buster

Lung Buster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well I will introduce myself. My name is Jason and I live in Millville NJ which is South Jersey! All of my bow hunting will be done in that area. I do have a couple out of state hunts planned to Pennsylvania and Virginia but they will be rifle hunts. This is my 3rd year in this contest but unfortunately haven't killed any bucks in the previous years. Hopefully I can change that this year! Right now I have no hit list because my cameras have been out for the last 3 weeks and I have not checked them yet. Should get out there soon. Last year I had a couple nice bucks for my area around but never caught up with them, hopefully they return!! Good luck to everyone this upcoming season!!