Thanks to all that attended the 2014 bh.c/bhod official gtg!

Discussion in '2014 Bowhunting.com Get Together & Archery Fun Sho' started by in da woods, Jun 8, 2014.

1. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    A big thanks to all that help put together the event and all that attended it. Without all the fans and members out there this gtg would not happen. You and the prostaff make the website what it is. It's a great opportunity for everyday folks to gtg to talk about what they love to do, that is hunting and have the opportunity show off their shooting skills. that is what BH.C is about, common everyday guys/gals going out there and simply hunting for the love of it.

It was really great to meet a whole bunch of new people that attended it for the first time. Sounds like many will return next year. Please keep in mind that many of us camp nearby during the week before so feel free to camp with us.

Any ideas you have to make it better or if there was something you didn't care for please pm and we'll take a look at your suggestions.

thanks again everyone

Sincerely, Hank

2. longbowmanjimmy

longbowmanjimmy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yupp lotta good wholesome fun will definitely be doing it again next year!

3. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    There is one thing I think needs to change and I know the meeting is important to do BUT!

Get the Pro Staff meeting changed to different time so that the Pro Staffers can enjoy the Camp Out too! It is not the same without them there with us on Friday night! When the staff are gone from 4-9 that takes out a lot of the fun. It is almost pointless to camp out or even come up for the weekend. I enjoy the shoot but the camp out is what I enjoy the most out of the whole weekend.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  4. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks again to everyone who came out, it was a great time as always!

Dawg, you know I love ya, but unfortunately that meeting change isn't going to happen. Our primary focus this weekend is on that meeting and the GTG itself. There's no way to move that meeting without seriously disrupting schedules for both our staff as well as our Sponsors.

Next year we can leave Hank and Fergie back for you to play jump rope with on Friday night. :D

5. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The food at the shoot last year was better as well. Just sayin'

6. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This for sure. You didn't get your money's worth on the food at all. I'd say switch it back.

Sent from my iPhone

7. BH.COM-CLINTON

BH.COM-CLINTON BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Tyler,
    I take it your talking about the food at the shoot cause you didn't have any complaints with the crappie, steak, onions and potatoes that you consumed on sat night. Not to mention you and rectors attack on the tangoritas.

8. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Haha yeah Rector and I went through those pretty quick lol I do mean at the shoot though. Saturday night the food was great, Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone

9. xtreme16

xtreme16 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    haha too funny^^^

10. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah it was a lot of fun! Great seeing everyone again!

11. BH.COM-CLINTON

BH.COM-CLINTON BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Next year I will have to remember to bring more crappie and more girly drinks for the TYLERS to enjoy

12. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I understand your concern. I've tried to ask to have the staff meeting moved but it's hard due to the tight schedule the sponsors are on and the arrival of prostaff from out of the state. Unfortunately it is what it is. BUT maybe you & Crick can come up on Thur afternoon? that way we 'd still have time to visit, shoot arrows and bull. that's why I come on Wed. to relax get things set up and be ready for the shoot.
    I'd still like to set up a day for us to go out charter fishing on lake michigan for salmon/trout. We'll have to see who all is interested in it.

As for food, several people addressed their concern with it. I also heard that several people went off property for lunch. I'll ask Fitz to help me come up with a spread sheet on ideas for the gtg to obtain a feeling from the attendees.

13. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am really glad everyone had a great time and thank you to all that helped.
    As far as the food truck goes. It was a decision based on previous years where there was not enough help to set up the food and the fact that food had run out.
    Over all I still feel that the shoot went really well and everyone seemed to have a great time.
    What we could really use for next year is for everyone on here to help spread the word every where you can.
    Also a few volunteers to could make the food situation much easier.
    One thing I do have to say is that the 2 hour long lunch schedule did seem to help.
    Thanks again

14. Beagle001

Beagle001 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Since we're complaining, I'll say it again, the scores for the 3D shoot should be 12, 10, 8, 5, and 0. This 10x stuff is for FIBs

15. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Noted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hank you don't need a spread sheet to figure out the lunch was way worse than years past.

17. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That would be cool. I put down 0 on at least 6 my shots when I only missed 1 target. All my other shots were good shots, just not in the 2 rings. I didn't know.

18. Beagle001

Beagle001 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Mike! If it was a full 28 target course it wouldn't be quite so bad, but in 15 targets it seems to clump scores together. Say a guy shoots (8) 10x's, (6) 10's and an 8, and loses to a guy who shoots (15) 10's.. Just doesn't seem fair.

19. mcnala

mcnala Newb

Dislikes Received:
    This was our first year and we had a great time! Thanks to all of you for all you do and all your hard work! We love the trail cam Steve won and cant wait to put it out! We hope you enjoyed the deer sausage we left for you to share (we gave it to Richie Music)...hope you all got some. We will be back next year for sure and hopefully I can share a tale of my first deer with a compound bow instead of my crossbow! BHOD :bow: Thanks again!!!

20. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If Richie got it there is no way anyone else got any :evilgrin: