Official team 25 - Rack Nasties thread

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by indynotch50, Aug 19, 2013.

1. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey all! Welcome to the contest.
    A few things:

1. Please check in and tell a little about yourself. I recognize a few names, but not all.
    2. We need to decide a captain. If you want to do it, put your name in the hat. It's not a huge responsibility, just make sure people are following the rules, and you get replacements for those that don't check in.
    3. We need to make an avitar or signature. I have no idea how so if you can, please do.
    4. We need to make a name. I can't think of all the "good ones" I thought of after the fact last year.
    5. Be sure to post your deer. Last year, we left a huge amount of points on the table from just not following through

Team 25:
    Bob Thomas
    Buckhunter1988
    Chago5
    Copper Dog
    CoveyMaster
    cunninghamww
    deerdork
    Gyle
    indynotch
    jvanhees
    okie_flinger
    Oklabowyer

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  2. indynotch50

Dislikes Received:
    Well I'll get started off.
    My real name is Chris, I'm a 31 year old engineer. If you drive a toyota forklift, that's me. If you drive a competitor, go eff yourself (only kidding of course :bow: ). I also have twin 5 year old girls who are playing soccer now and it won't interfere, happy about that.

I hail from the great state of Indiana. I live in central Indiana but hunt all over the state. I hunt mostly on a very small 5 acre plot which produces pretty well. I'm really hoping this year I get a good one on the ground. I took a huge buck with a muzzleloader years ago so I got a bit too picky. I still won't shoot a baby, but 120+ is going down. One piece of ground has some really big bucks, 170+, but I have limited availability to them and the deer there are real skittish, I've yet to see one during shooting hours.

Can't wait to get to know you all.

3. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sweet! Nice to meet you Indynotch and glad to be on this team. Always heard Indiana had some bruisers up there, hopefully you put one down! I can work on the team logo once we get a name, I was a graphic design major in college and am fairly proficient with a photoshop here on the old PC.

I'm CoveyMaster, real name is Brent. I'm from right on the KS/MO state line in the center of both states about 75 miles south of KC. Pretty much center bullseye center of the nation. Been an avid outdoorsman all my life and I'll be 38 this coming Sept. 27th. Hopefully I can put the smackdown on a big jacknasty buck this year. This is the first year back from a 3 year hiatus from bowhunting. I took on a bunch of farm ground and was raising game birds and between getting bored with archery and not having time, I just quit.

I own and operate the family soil construction business and farm over 600 acres locally. I operate well over 2500 acres strattling the MO/KS state line and we do have some monsters here. I have managed my personal property since 1990 to some extent and my personal best wall hanger is a 178+ 16 point taken in 2007 with a bow. Have taken multiple deer every year since 1998 without fail (none with archery in the last three years). I have a ton of does and cull bucks that need to be taken out per QDMA on the new properties so hopefully I can provide a few points for the team tally! I already have my tags, two in KS, any deer and with up to five does available and also an any deer in MO and as many doe tags as I want to purchase.

I just bought a new Hoyt Carbon Element 80# rig Friday, so I'm heavily invested in it this year...BOWHUNT OR DIE!!!!!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  4. indynotch50

Dislikes Received:
    It's a pleasure Brent. If you need any help with the bucks, I have some vacation days to burn!
    Any ideas on a team name?

5. buckhunter1988

buckhunter1988 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Buckhunter1988 checking in.

My names Steve Im 25 and I'm from Pennsylvania and work in the gas and oil field frac'ing so I won't be on alot but I will be checking in regularly to see what's goin on. I have a couple real good bucks that I'm after this year and one true giant atleast to me a 170 + is a giant. I also have a couple other bucksill shoot if I get a chance ranging from a 130 8 point with a 5 inch drop to a 155ish 10 point. Well goodluck to everyone this season and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone

6. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Lol, this is funny, I have cousins named both Chris and Steve, lol. Pleasure to meet you Steve and you too Chris.

No, no ideas for a name yet, maybe after we get more check in's and a better feel for the group personality. I'll keep you in mind if something opens up buddy. My personal property is limited to a few hunters and family have those spots currently and my landlord didn't even grant me hunting rights on his properties until this year and he strictly forbade any hunting partners, I couldn't even get permission for my brother in law, lol.

7. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    I subscribed to this thread for daily updates too. I didn't want to miss anything!

8. Copper dog

Copper dog Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Copper Dog checking in.

Het everyone my name is Jay and I'm 28 from New Hampshire. I work for the city of concord NH painting road, fixing signs, plowing, and what ever else comes up. This will be my third season bow hunting and I'm hoping to have a good season. I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys and hope everyone has an awesome season.

9. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Jay, aka. Copper Dog...nice to meet you. I hope you have a good season too so we can lay waste to these other teams, lol.

10. indynotch50

Dislikes Received:
    Jay and Steve, pleasure to make your acquaintance. Welcome aboard. Any good names.

11. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Team Rack Pack?
    Rack Slammers
    Doe the Bounty Hunters (lol)
    Team Counting Racks
    Team Fawn Underdogs (lol again)
    Rangefinders
    Team Primetime
    Team BuckBusters
    Racknasties
    Junk Hunters (kinda like this one)
    Slamsters

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  12. indynotch50

Dislikes Received:
    Bowjobs is all I have so far

13. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Haha, I don't know, I feel dirty just saying that one, lol.

14. jvanhees

jvanhees Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Guys, didn't see this thread and posted another team 25 thread...my bad :busted: anywho...

JVANHEES checkin in

Jared
    MI native
    largest buck taken with a bow is like a 120"
    hunt in mid Michigan as well as locally, have some decent bucks on cam this year so far...will post up cam pics later...you guys should post up your target bucks if you have any pics.
    Will also be heading out to Nebraska for a bowhunting week long trip in NOV. First time doing this.
    Work in packaging sales.
    Wife with twins on the way...so this may be the best season to get out while I still can!!! Due in FEB.

This year I plan on shooting a doe first off. I waited last year and the itch killed me. Then I plan on shooting a buck that I will mount, no less. My last buck was 2011 (avatar pic) and I passed a bunch last year waiting for the right one. This year I have a good feeling...

Nice to meet y'all !

15. indynotch50

Dislikes Received:
    Nice to meet you Jared.
    Twins are a blast man. You and your wife will be a good working team after it though. What's nice is that they will keep each other occupied, so they always have someone to play with. Mine are both girls, any idea what yours are yet?

16. Copper dog

Copper dog Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Haha bow jobs I like that one rack nasties sounds good too. Welcome Jared.

17. jvanhees

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Chris, and thanks Jay! Not sure on the sex as we are only 12 weeks. Hoping for a boy and a girl! Either way Ill be happy.

As for a team name....hmm....

18. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Oh man...two guys with twins, that's pretty cool! I often have spare cash to throw at stuff because I'm still single at 37 but truth be told, I admire you guys that have a nice family going on. I think you guys are luckier than I am... Congrats on the families, job well done! Welcome to the team Jared.

I like both those names fairly well. Everyone feel free to throw out some other options. Nocked and locked is pretty cool, need something comparable.

Horny skulls, lol...would make for a helluva logo, lol! I really need to get my mind out of the gutter!
    Racknasties would too, no idea what to do for Bow Jobs...well not that's presentable, lol.

19. jvanhees

Dislikes Received:
    Well boys, great news!

Story: I hunt a 160 parcel I got permission for on Oct 3 last fall, didn't have much time to figure out the property. What I did figure, was that there is this guy who hunts/takes over the northern 80 just south of the northern swamp. I ran across him, and he wasn't happy I was there....A REAL GOMER is the best description of this gent. So we basically stayed clear of each other. I saw one shooter 8 on Oct 22, but he stayed out of my lane at 35 yds.

In December I found a nice rub in an area in the south 80. I checked it out last week, found old rubs and setup a cam. I picked a tree just in case it turned out good. Well my covert didn't seem to be working right, so I decided to give it a week and swap cams. Swapped today, and covert was working fine.. This is what I found.

Bachelor group of 3 came through yesterday morn at day break. From the SOUTH...even better.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Big boy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Second shooter
    [​IMG]

YEE YEE!!! Scouting paid off. Now I need to get a stand setup. Problem is I have been in there twice in 8 days. Need to let it sit and hang in the rain I think.

20. jvanhees

Dislikes Received:
    Team name suggestions:

"Team Morning Bone"

"Team Almost Lethal"