Team 6 - Silent But Deadly

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by jnida, Aug 25, 2012.

1. jnida

jnida Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My name is Jessie Nida (jnida), I live in northwest ohio and hunt from the Indiana border to toledo mostly north of brian. I am pumped for the archery opener. Bring it on!

2. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey PT I see you have team 6 again...the only difference from last year will be the name :evilgrin:

3. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just checking in. I'll be hunting Missouri and Illinois this year.

4. rknierim

rknierim Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Tony, Team 6 is bad luck for you since last year! You should request a different number hahahaha :D

5. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice Tony way to keep the same team number good luck buddy

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

6. Rickyp

Rickyp Newb

Dislikes Received:
    im here checking in.

7. NYMark

NYMark Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in. My vote is for Tony for Capt.

8. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Team 6-
    mdillon1
    Preacher Tony
    ohiohunter
    NYMark

Rickyp
    chart33
    jnida
    goldenrectangle
    cvbot
    snake_03
    Razortec
    JGD

Preacher Tony Checkin in! You boys ready to kick some Monster Rack arse this year????

Let's all put something about ourselves and our experience on our threads so we can get to know a little about each other. That is what makes it the most fun when you are in a free contest.

My name is Tony Sorrento and I was born a poor black child (Just Kidding ... The Jerk quote :D ) I live in Western NY and I was on the winning team from 2010. We almost repeated last year, but due to an unreal bunch of crazy circumstances, Team Monster Dorks slipped in at the 11th hour and took it from us.

The last 2 years I have scored in the contest, which is the key to winning this thing ... if everyone scores SOMETHING, we will put the #6 back up top where it belongs. I will tell you that I should be good for 130+ points this year .... but you know hunting,,, I get 9 weeks of vacation a year, so I will have my opportunities ... how about you guys?

We need a lot of convo ... keep the thread updated with your sits and this will be fun .... keep quiet, and it won't be....

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  9. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    BTW, expect the upcoming losers to inundate our thread as they know we will win ... :)

We need a name and your vote for captain ...... so let's hear some name thoughts ....

10. NYMark

NYMark Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My name is Mark i live in wny and excited to be on winning team #6 !!!!! I have a few spots in different areas around wny with some holding some great NY bucks this year. I also hunt ohio where i have 1200 acres of private and leased land to hunt. I will be hunting weekends and evenings in NY or whenever work allows me to get out. Nov.3rd thru 11 i'll be chasing giant whitetails in OH. I do only try to shoot mature bucks So there is a chance i eat some buck tags. In ny i will most likely only shoot a 120"+ in OH 140+. Lets all have a great safe season and put some deer on the ground!!

11. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Mark, that is a great buck in your avatar! Ohio or NY?

12. NYMark

NYMark Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That was Ohio last season.My biggest bow kill so far 149" gross.
    2011 bow kill 071.jpg

13. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah ... he'll work!! Great buck!!

14. NYMark

NYMark Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Tony. Couple name ideas:
    Team "OverKill" obv. because there will be such a huge gap between us and the runnerup.
    Team "DirtNap" We will be sending pleny of deer for one.

15. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    First and foremost, my vote is for Tony to be captain as well. My name is Jacob and I live in Southeast Missouri. Due to my location, I actually have a unique opportunity to hunt Missouri, Kentucky, and Illinois because both of those other states are only about 15 minutes from where I live. I don't know about hunting all 3 states this year, but I will definitely be hunting MO and IL. I am getting married in about 6 weeks so that has cut into my scouting and planning a little bit. The good news though is that my bride to be loves to hunt as much as I do, so as soon as all wedding stuff is done, we will be in the woods every day that we have off work. I should be good for at least a doe, but I'm not going to shoot a buck unless it's going on the wall. I have opportunites at wallhangers every year, so hopefully I can fill that tag too.

16. chart33

chart33 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Tony gets my nod as captain. My name is Chris, I live in Mass, but I have a cabin just south of the Canadian border in NH. This is my third year bow hunting and I shot my first deer last year; a small 7 point.

The property up north is pretty new and I don't have pics of any bucks up there as of yet. I do have a bunch of black bears on camera though (bear season starts next Saturday). I hope to at least tag a doe up there this year but hunting big woods is new to me so this year should involve a lot of learning.

The property I live on in Mass is 20 acres just outside of Boston. I'm waiting to hear from my landlord on whether or not I'll have permission to hunt here this year. I have one buck on camera that is pushing 130's and another 8 that I wouldn't pass if I got the shot. He isn't a monster but he'd look great on my wall. There is another smaller 8 and a bunch of young bucks on the property as well but they would all get a pass. Fingers crossed for permission. Here are some pics of those bucks.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346010102.195133.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346010131.721683.jpg

I am also heading to KS for 10 days in November. If I shoot a buck there it will 130 plus. I have a great opportunity to hunt some pretty amazing land. My best friend/ regular BH.com poster has a great set up there and I get to hunt his wife's family land. I'm very lucky. He has been sending me pics of a lot of deer from 140"-160". But when I'm there in November who knows what could step out.

Here's to a great, safe, season for everyone!

Attached Files:

17. Iowa Veteran

Iowa Veteran Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey PT, Here's the avatar you asked for.
    [​IMG]

18. chart33

chart33 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bunch of haters on here.

19. NYMark

NYMark Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Some nice bucks there chart good luck puttin your tag on one. As for these other chumps there not haters there just scared.

20. goldenrectangle

goldenrectangle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Donnie here.. I'll be hunting east Central IL... Maybe taking a buck out from englum_06's nose!!! I'm open for any team name and Tony as the El Capitan! Pretty excited to get this season rocking!!! I definitely have the some good deer in the area that'll help our team, just gotta get all my ducks in a row and make it happen!!!