Steelforce broad heads.

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by J_Carnley, Dec 4, 2016.

1. J_Carnley

J_Carnley Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I was fortunate enough to be contacted by steel force in early November asking if I would try out a new Prototype broad head for them. It's a traditional looking 2 blade cut on contact head with vented blades and a 1.5" cutting diameter.
    My Initial thoughts after getting them in the mail was " no way these things are going to fly good. 1.5" looks gigantic as a fixed blade. [​IMG]
    I screwed them onto an arrow that was already in my quiver and went outside to test their flight. Much to my surprise they flew right with my other fixed blades and field points.

I shot them out to 55 yds and they were flying better than I can shoot at that distance. I was fortunate enough yo get to slide one through a 178 lb ( dressed). Southern Indiana Buck just a few days later. The arrow zipped through him with such ease it actually took quite a bit of force to get it out of the ground.
    [​IMG]
    Entry
    [​IMG]
    Exit[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hopefully these will be on shelves before the 2017 fall deer season. Steel force tells me they are going to name them the Big Phat Head.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  2. hunt3rL33

hunt3rL33 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the heads up and brief review. I prefer fixed blades and this one looks like a head I may have to shoot.

That's vented way more than the stinger buzzcut (my fixed blade of choice). Can't wait to try it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. J_Carnley

J_Carnley Newb

Dislikes Received:
    They are vented a ton. They get by with that because these blades are pretty thick. They measure .050 in thickness.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

4. Jeepwillys

Jeepwillys Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm a big fan of the phat heads. Being one myself.

5. bigfoot16

bigfoot16 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the review. I'm very interested in these. Nice deer.