Shwacker good or bad?

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by jon, Jan 6, 2012.

1. jon

jon Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I was thinking of buying some shwackers but dont know. Are they as good as they say they are?

2. bassmasterjk

bassmasterjk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shot the 100gr 1.5inch this year. The fly very well, group great. I killed few deer w/ them this past season. Just make sure you have enough KE. I shoot Monster 73lb 29.5 draw. They take alot of energy to pass through. Just like any big expandibal head. I'd not shoot the 2inch to big, try the 1.5. But also lost a buck, poor shot w/ forward shot in shoulder. But I feel if I had a fixed blade I'd recovered him. I'll be shooting fixed next year. But Swackers do fly good for me.

3. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I had some but switched the muzzy fixed blade. I had the band breaking and them opening up on me.
    If you hunting hog I also wouldn't use expandables.

Fix blades are just all around better. IMO. Just make sure your bow is tuned well.

Good luck and welcome to the board.

4. Fast Orange

Fast Orange Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I've shot 2 bucks this year with 100gr 2" shwakers... For me its hard to find first blood, but once I did it was game on. Both only went 70 yards. I watched my 10pt drop. I shoot a 60lb 27" Bowtech Destroyer 350. I like their accuracy. One was a pass thru (arrow kept going and never found it) and the other was stopped by the opposite shoulder.

5. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If Hank shoots em, you're golden.

6. Hunter1958

Hunter1958 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot them out of a Mathews Swtchback XT.. 27 inch draw at about 67 lbs. Haven't had the least bit of trouble with them..fly very true and what ever they hit..they destroy!! This is coming from an archer that has over 20 years experience with a bow and for years have been a Muzzy man. I used them last season and will continue to do so.