Octane Hostage arrow rest, anyone try it yet?

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by bohica, Jun 17, 2012.

1. bohica

bohica Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This rest is coming on my new bow and just curious of what people think about it. I know the bristles on the older model go out pretty quick. Any other opionions you guys like it or should I get a new one when I get home?

2. bfr5

bfr5 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hostage

Brushes wear fast and after a couple arrows you can smell burnt hair after each shoot. Switched to a QAD Ultra Pro and love it!

3. mauiarcher

mauiarcher Newb

Dislikes Received:
    In my opinion, it is a great rest for some people-accurate, full containment. I too had ne come with my bow (assassin) but shot way too often to even consider it (bristles wear). I called them up and was told to rotate the bristles, I went through a second pack, then finally gave up on it. The problem for me is that as they wear, you lose your tune and accuracy. However, when new, I was stuffing arrows at 50 or more yards.

Went with QAD and Limbdriver rests which suit my needs much better with less aggravation. Never looked back.

4. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Great rest for the beginner and for someone that rarely shoots. Agree with everyone else though that if you are shooting on a regular basis I would look to upgrade it pretty quick.