Noob looking to buy for Daughter...

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Sharky300, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Sharky300

Sharky300 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hi all- I am sure this has been hashed 1000 times, and I apologize... but I know nothing about bows. I am looking to get one for my daughter... She will not be hunting, but wants to get into some archery competitions locally. We do not have the NASP program in our school... so I have been looking at other options. She is 13 years old, but a tall and athletic girl- I have been looking for something that is very adjustable... so she can use it for a few years. I do not want to go with the cheapest stuff out there... but I can't break the bank either, as this might not last more than a year... So I was looking at the "Bear Apprentice 3 RTH" for $299.00- I know I can spend another hundred bucks or so and get known quality.... Just curious if these are worth having for a beginner??? Sorry so long- Thanks for the help!!! Jason

2. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My daughter went with the G5 Quest Radical for about $399. She has already turned it up 5 pounds in the last month.

3. ybohunt

ybohunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Get a Mission Craze.Super adjustable with 19-30 inches of draw and 15-17 pound limbs.

4. jreid

jreid Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Diamond Infinate Edge and also PSE makes some great bows that have a grow with you feature. From PSE the Vision comes to mind.

5. Sharky300

Sharky300 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the info!!! Gives me a lot to look into- I will keep you posted on what we do and how it works...

6. choppersk61

choppersk61 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hoyt Ignite is a very very good bow...

7. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    He meant 15-70# limbs. But he's right; a crazy versatile and affordable quality bow.

8. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I started out with a parker sidekick xp and it was great for a beginner and I regret trading it in for a new bow. Nkw parker has a newer youth bow and I think it's called the lightning.

9. ChuckC

ChuckC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That's the bow we just bought for our daughter for Christmas and she's 16 now. They make it in a couple different color patterns, the purple would look cool on a 3D range or tournament but still function if she wanted to ever try hunting. Biggest thing that sold us on this one was the construction of the bow, single cam, the weight adjustment and the draw length adjustment. The last 2 would be the most important after the quality. Even at 16 our daughter has some growing yet to do and I would have hated to lock her in on another bow I'll have to swap out cams or sell in a year or two. Heck the draw weight would work for my son all the way up to me!