NatGear Camo

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Jrob140, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Jrob140

Jrob140 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Being drug to Black Friday by my woman actually worked out in my favor this year. I found a NatGear Hoodie, a pair of Wader pants, and a quarter zip pull over for $150. A lot of my buddies that I duck hunt with say all they buy is NatGear because they feel it is a universal camo that works well for both waterfowl and whitetail, and just about anything else. Just out of curiosity have any of you guys have any? Likes and dislikes? I haven't been afield with it yet but it seems like the quality is really pretty descent and seem very fairly priced.

2. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've heard deer are colorblind. This isn't true. They can't see color to the extent humans do but they can see color. Some colors they can see better than others. The basic idea is to get clothing that breaks up your solid figure making movement easier. I don't personally think there is a specific came pattern that is perfect without having 100+ sets of clothes. Obviously the closer the camo pattern is to your surroundings the better but.... I don't think a deer will specifically see you because you're wearing Realtree vs. Lost Camo or something else. Here's an article that explains scientifically how deer see.

Scientific Facts About How Deer See And Hear - Grand View Outdoors

3. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I do like the prices though. They are very reasonable considering what some companies charge.

4. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Its a good pattern, I've had a bunch of it over the years. Its always been the cut/fit of the clothing that's been the issue for me with Nat Gear.

5. wildernessninja

wildernessninja Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I love the stuff have the winter cepter pull over and zip up jacket. To sets of pants and winter cepter hat. Got the zip up jacket pants and hat combo at midway end of last season for 80 bucks I think. Its a bit more pale looking then my first set.its a bit more fitted to but still works for me. The pull over and pants I got with it are a bit baggier. Wouldn't were the hat in deep cold my nice on cool Mourning's. I need to get more before prices go up. Don't have any of there light weather gear. Both have held up well squirle ripped a hole in one pair of pants and was storing seeds in it. Hole is below boot line so it functional yet.

6. SullyMitch

SullyMitch Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have used Natural gear for years and it seems effectively in the woods and out in the open. I don't think you would be disappointed with it.