NAP Spitfire Double Cross is looking good so far...

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by JDUB, Sep 4, 2016.

1. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just thought I'd share my initial impressions. I bought a 3 pack of the new NAP Spitfire double cross a month or so ago, and just today finally got the chance to shoot one. I have my bow tuned very well with bareshafts, but was still impressed with the accuracy of these broadheads. I literally took two shots and said that'll do. At 20 and 40 yards the broad head hit exactly where I was aiming. The blades appeared to open well, and there was complete penetration through my Rhinehart Woodland buck 3D target. The entry cut was large, I didn't measure but appeared to be full blade, and all 4 blades were open on the back side of the target. I would say after two shots they are still razor sharp and I could probably put that one through an animal. These will be in my quiver this season and I'm pumped to try them on a whitetail soon.

2. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not the best pics but show blades open. I like the design of the two mainblades that can pivot around bone. This was my 40 yards shot, through top of heart on opposite side coming out bottom of heart in pic. I'm shooting 460gr arrow 287fps and my field tips generally do not get full penetration on the Rinehart foam so I'm impressed this made it through with blades open.

Attached Files:

3. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot Spitfires with my CB, but I wouldn't hunt with one that I ran through a plastic target. I want an out of the package edge on my hunting heads.

4. timcon

timcon Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1473040049.563415.jpg
    Here is what kind of hole ithe double cross makes in one .. Took this doe on KY opening morn .. 33 yards .. 40 yard recovery

5. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yep that would do it

6. yepitsme19

yepitsme19 Newb

Dislikes Received: