Mathews chill questions

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Bussy684, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Bussy684

Bussy684 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I got a Mathews chill. It is in lost camo pattern, and around my grip the camo is coming off. It's not pealing off of anything. I think it's coming off from shooting it.

My question is can you send it back to redip the bow?

2. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    A guy on AT had the same issue but with a bowtech and the guy said they wouldn't do it. I'm not sure if Mathews would or wouldn't but ask your local Mathews dealer. Mine is like that but I'm going to get my bow powder coated in brown or gray instead of dipped because a powder coat is much more durable and I'm not a fan of camo anymore.

3. Bussy684

Bussy684 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Would you do your own powder coating? Or have someone do it.

I am thinking about getting a no cam htr and its gonna be black or tactical. I am pretty sure that I am gonna get black bows from now on.

4. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Black is my favorite camo color.

5. ShaneB22

Dislikes Received:
    When you powder coat you have to bake it in a oven at 400°f (I think, not 100% sure on the temp). I don't have a oven that big and I wouldn't trust myself to do a great job but luckily there's a professional that's not to far away from me so I can send it to him. For just the riser I think most places charge between $75-$150.

6. Bussy684

Bussy684 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    That is interesting. I am not sure if people around me do that or not. That is something I will have to look into

7. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'd do something complete different if I were to paint my bow. I'd cerakote it. You can do it yourself and it will look sweet when you are done! There are a bunch of places you can buy it however here is a good site to browse around and look at different colors and what not.

Cerakote Coatings

8. ShaneB22

Dislikes Received:
    I was looking around last night and I decided to cerakote. They have less colors to choose from but I only need gray or black and that makes choosing a lot easier for me.

9. ShaneB22

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Heckler. Do you know how much I would need to order if I were to do it myself? I'm going to do the riser and all the other metal pieces so I'm not sure how much I would need. If I can't figure it out I'll wait a bit and have someone else do it for me.

10. ShaneB22

Dislikes Received:
    I just watched a video about cerakote and it looks way to complicated for the average person to do themselves. You need special sprayers, a big oven and at least some experience so that it looks decent.

11. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've never used cerakote. I have however used duracote. It comes in a aerosol can. I would imagine 1 can would do it. Midwayusa sales it.

https://www.lauerweaponry.com/

12. Bulldog18

Bulldog18 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Another option is buy the Mathews thermal shield that attaches to the front of the riser with double sided taped. Looks great, no more wear and also keeps your hand warmer in cold climates.