Lighted nocks

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Mike N., Jul 4, 2016.

1. Mike N.

Mike N. Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Has anyone ever used nock out lighted nocks by clean shot? Looking to get some for up coming season.

2. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have some. I'm not really a fan of their bushing system. They don't fit tightly in the arrow shaft.

If you are using micro diameter arrow shafts and can use them without a bushing then they will work just fine.

3. Bow Diddley

Bow Diddley Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't seen them before but it's pretty cool that you can change the colors with a magnet. I just picked up a few from Carbon Express and I like them but I don't think you can replace the batteries.

4. outdoorslife

outdoorslife Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I dont try to bash any product but give honest feedback. I have used them for 6 deer and only one stayed lit. I like their design and wanted to like the nock but the design itself seems to shut off the nock as it passes through and catches anything to pull it back. Which is how you turn it off. That was the main thing for me. I do know others are using them with success so im not trying to knock them. They were bright and the fit to the string was good for me

5. mississippi hoyt shooter

mississippi hoyt shooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I personally use the carbon express launchpad in blue and love them simple to use and no tool required to turn off

6. joshcalhoun18

joshcalhoun18 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I like the original lumonoks. They stay lighted up for hours.

7. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I use Nocturnals. They have performed flawless for me. I was looking at the Nock Outs because I want a lighted nock I can have off to practice with and on when I hunt but haven't found a really good one yet that does that.

I think I'll just keep my Nocturnals and use them for practice as the batteries run out.

8. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I tried Nock Out's when they first came out and had all kinds of problems. One pulled apart when turning off. One bushing sheared the "lip" off and jammed the bushing and nock up into my arrow ruining the arrow. Their customer service is great but I lost faith in them. I have 9 of the original Nockturnals and have never had any issue. Once these die I am not sure what I will shoot because the reviews on the new ones are poor.

9. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nockturnals are the best I've used. I had problems with Lumenok, although I hear all lighted nocks are hit or miss. There's a lot of intricate parts and points of failure so getting a lemon pack of any brand isn't unheard of.

10. Bow Diddley

Bow Diddley Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm noticing that my Nockturnals don't always stay off. I guess I'm not getting enough separation between the contacts when using the field tip point. I walked out to practice yesterday and saw that one of them was still on. I swear they were all off when I stopped the other day.

While the CE Launchpads are much easier to turn off, I've noticed that they stick sometimes. Most of them work flawlessly but I have a couple that require a little more effort to pull out.

I stopped by Academy yesterday and the Launchpads were actually even cheaper than the last round I purchased. At less than half the price of a Nockturnal 3-pack it was hard to pass up. Each nock was only $2.61. I stocked up on red and bought the last three green they had. Even if they're disposable they're cheap enough now. ;)

11. cj22drake

cj22drake Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use carbon express. No problems yet.

12. blueicefire

blueicefire Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just got them and thus far they are working ok. My issue is the same as one of the other guys, the nock seems to just fit a little looser than I would like. The rest of the stuff they advertise with them seem to work just fine.

13. BuffaloBill

BuffaloBill Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I saw quite a few of the Launchpads on clearance my last trip but wasn't sure of their durability. Do they work with the skinnier arrows like PTXs?

14. Fullrut1

Fullrut1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ive got to give the nod to nockturnals, theyve worked great for me!

15. TomTom1

TomTom1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Luminous works for me , never had any problems with them.

16. Western MA Hunter

Western MA Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've had great luck w/ the nockturnals... mixed results with other main brands I have tried.

17. tmala46

tmala46 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have had good luck do far with nocturnals. The only issue I have ever noticed is when they get wet they seem to have a faint glow to them when they are off. That was last season. I checked them the other day and they still light as bright as day one.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk